Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2019, 10:08 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Best Cover To BUY???

Hey Guys. I have a 2014 Vista31KE with very low mileage. However we live in the North Georgia Mountains which has a fairly predictable climate. Brutal direct exposure to the sun, temps commonly in the low to mid 90s sometimes over 100. No rain for long periods. Then unbelievably long periods of drenching rain. Winter can be mostly high 30s but will often drop below freezing. PLEASE give me your top picks for Durable Tried and True protective covers. Cost usually matters but not on this one. If the best is truly the most expensive then so be it!!!
Best Regards
Matt
Palogma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 10:25 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
have you looked into a drive-thru covered shelter? if i had the room i'd much rather have that than a cover that might scratch the RV or get ripped to shreds over time. you could do it right and add water/elec hookups..maybe even a sewer hookup. just a thought.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 03:26 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

https://highskyrvparts.com/rv-parts/covers

The best quality covers on the market made by Adco Covers. This guys have the highest reputation. The problem with any covers is that if its not correctly design it will move and when it dose it take a finish of the RV body after covering for long time. You are correct. I would not compromise on quality/cost. You can also get them in any size.
Robert L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 03:41 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I have the same RV and much the same conditions only posssibly hotter and far drier in Central Texas. I do agree that the sun does eat things and degrade them, however, I have a different view of covers as I have used one for a while. They are very hard to make right and then also very hard to get on the RV. Give some thought to a hard cover or really think how to get the cover on. A good quality cover will be heavy and not possible to walk up a ladder very well. Second is getting it spread out on the roof without damage to things on the roof. You may have less wind but it is a reall beater here and it is not possible to tie one down well enough that it doesn't float and shift over the top edges.
I have one in the closet which we no longer use as I decided I might really hurt myself, step on something really expensive like a skylight, and still let the weather damage the RV. I decided to just live with the potential damage and cut my losses before I had to hate myself for buying the cover. Life too short to fight it!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:20 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Since our unit is at a storage site, a hard shell is not allowed, we were told to buy a blue tarp, put styrofoam between the tarp and the roof as it is cheaper and covers will rip. any thoughts? We live in SW Florida.
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:40 PM   #6
Site Team

I too like the Adco covers. Here is how I cover my Minnie Winnie 22M.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:35 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I have an Adco, it actually has the Winnebago logo on it! I need a cover for the entire NE winter. Snow, freezing rain, wind, sleet, hard freezes, thaws, freeze again. I have been very pleased over 2 winters. It is a soft, yet durable cover. No scratches and no rips so far in winds up to 50mph. I would not want to have to put it on and off more than once a season.
Old 08-16-2020, 04:23 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

RV covers

Hello, I hear the advice about ADCO covers but I have a Winnebago Minnie 31kp just slightly larger than 32 feet and the class c covers only go to 32 feet. I wasn't sure about going to a class A cover but wanted it to fit correctly.
Any advice?

Dave
Dave H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 07:29 PM   #9
Site Team

Hi Dave,
It looks like the ADCO 64815 Winnebago 29'1"/32' Class C RV Cover will fit just fine.
Eagle5
Old 08-16-2020, 08:11 PM   #10
Proud “No Intent” Owner

I was looking into them, and ADCO seemed to be a logical choice. There were some posts about the cover flapping in wind and chaffing the side, and we live in a windy area...

I paint my house when it needs it—replace the roof when it needs replacing. In the end, I opted to wash, wax, and protect the coach and the roof. My thought process was this...The harder it is to use it, the less I will do so....