Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Bedroom slide support ??

I have in the past had problem leak on one corner of our bedroom slide when open. Before it was very bad now after two different rv service shops we still have a wet spot after a hard rain. It was a bad experience! The first place didn't do a very good job. The second repair did help but with a hard rain it will still get damp in that area. The seals were replaced. I have noticed that I have chaffing going on when the slide is closed. It seems like I have a quarter inch difference in measuring the top,and bottom. The chaffing is at the top about six inches down. Seems like one of the screws is actually rubbing thru the alum frame. I am wondering if anyone has encountered problems with slides leaking or chaffing?? We have the 38R Adventurer bought used. Wondering if maybe their were braces that hold the slides in place?

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Has anyone adjusted the slide?
Old 10-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by garykk View Post
Has anyone adjusted the slide?
No, I have not had much luck with repair shops in my area. I have an appointment end of Oct. with a different Winne dealer. I hoped to get some feed back about simular problems, before it goes in but looks like maybe this is a rare problem.

Equinox Toad
Old 10-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

If you contact Winnie they will send you the instructions on how to adjust the slide yourself if you desire.

My bedroom slide was out about 1/2 inch on the top front corner. Took my brother and I about 25 minutes to do the adjustment. Put the slide part way out make an adjustment slide it in. Took 5 trys to get it right.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2009 Adventurer that developed a leak in the bedroom slide. The leak appeared to be at the window frame and was running down the wall onto my wife's pillow. I tried moving her pillow to the other end of the bed but she wasn't buying that. After a lot of searching I found that water was getting under the slideout awning and leaking through a crooked screwhead in a seam into the wall, onto the top of the window frame inside the wall and leaking out the corner of the window frame and running down the wall.
I removed the awning, tightened all the screws, caulked the screwheads and ran a strip of two inch wide foil tape over the whole seam. No more problems with the leak or the wife.
LEHAFER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I don't have a solution yet but wanted to let you know that we have also noticed some dampness in the corners of the bedroom slide while open and during a heavy rain. Doesn't occur unless a heavy downpour and I quickly dry it to prevent water damage but also am looking for a cause. I haven't figured it out yet. I called Winnabego and the person I spoke with suggested I take a hose and spray water on the slide to find the source but as others have mentioned and like a house roof the source of entry isn't always the place the water is noticed. A visual check yields no clue but I suspect it may be blowing in at the botton edges. I will follow this thread and if I find the cause will post and ask that you do the same. Thanks for sharing. By the way the bottom of my bedroom slide is not as flush with the side of the RV as the top is when retracted either. Could be a feature but I am going to do what was suggested and contact Winnabego for slide adjustment procedures.
Catch14me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I have an appointment the 29th. I have had an rv tech look at it and he said he did not think he knew how to fix it. He said the seals look to be where they should be and did not think my slide was that far out of adjustment???
Frustrating problem! What I do know is that the leak is real, and I hope this rv service will be able to fix my slide, if not I guess Iowa will be my last resort.
I will keep this post updated as to my progress----.

Equinox Toad

Tags
slide