Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper
 
Charlotte & Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lugoff, SC
Posts: 6
Bedroom slide leak

I am about to go nuts on this one. I just had the seals replaced on the bedroom slide on the couch. IT STILL LEAKS!! Flagg RV in North Smithfield, RI replaced the seals. The first time it rained it leaked! I called them and they made me wait almost another month before they took it in again. They told me it most not have been the seals. The caulked along the roof and said the technician tested it and the slide didn't leak anymore. I went back to the park and the next time it rained, sure as hell, it leaked again. I called them back, again, and told them it was still leaking. They told me I could bring it back, I told them to go to hell I didn't want them touching my coach again. I am on the forum to see if soneone here might have had the same problem with thier Meridian or Journey.

Thanks,

Joe Maynard
__________________
Charlotte & Joe Maynar
Rocky & Spike (Our Pin-Mins)
2004 39' Itasca Meridian
Charlotte & Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper
 
Shellback1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 28
Send a message via AIM to Shellback1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte & Joe View Post
I am about to go nuts on this one. I just had the seals replaced on the bedroom slide on the couch. IT STILL LEAKS!! Flagg RV in North Smithfield, RI replaced the seals. The first time it rained it leaked! I called them and they made me wait almost another month before they took it in again. They told me it most not have been the seals. The caulked along the roof and said the technician tested it and the slide didn't leak anymore. I went back to the park and the next time it rained, sure as hell, it leaked again. I called them back, again, and told them it was still leaking. They told me I could bring it back, I told them to go to hell I didn't want them touching my coach again. I am on the forum to see if soneone here might have had the same problem with thier Meridian or Journey.

Thanks,

Joe Maynard

Joe it is funny but I bought my RV from Flaggs. About two years out the LR slide leaked, it was the seal at the aluminum on the inside top. I painted (blindly) some clear sealer at the top seam and that fixed it.
__________________
2006 Damon Daybreak 3274 35' Ford F53 V-10
2006 Ion Retired Navy, FAA and PASS Union VP
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Shellback1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:17 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper
 
Charlotte & Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lugoff, SC
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellback1 View Post
Joe it is funny but I bought my RV from Flaggs. About two years out the LR slide leaked, it was the seal at the aluminum on the inside top. I painted (blindly) some clear sealer at the top seam and that fixed it.
Thanks Shellback1. ALL the seals were replaced, including the one on the top of the slideout. I bought my coach new from Flagg in Worcester, Ma. It's a 2004 model but bought it in Septmeber of 2003. I have had trouble with that darn leak it seems for ever.
__________________
Charlotte & Joe Maynar
Rocky & Spike (Our Pin-Mins)
2004 39' Itasca Meridian
Charlotte & Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:56 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper
 
Monacoach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 40
you mentioned that the roof of the slide was caulked. What about the 4 other sides of the slide. There are alot of seams that could be missing caulking. Get some clear caulking.
__________________
2008 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 340 Cummins
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher
 
Warden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1
Take it here for service....they are really good

Massachusetts RV Dealer | Serving Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Connecticut
__________________
Pilot: Tom & Co-Pilot Janet
Pets: Max & Gabby Mini Australian Shepherds
2006 Sea Breeze1350, GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:47 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 274
For some reason the BR slides in th 04, 05, & early 06 are notorious for leaks. Especially at the lower right corner of the slide. I have been reasonably successful keeping mine at a minimum with a serier of expanding foam and butyl tape rolled into a ball. That and "driving" the slide by pressing extend to keep it very firm against the seal. I understand Winnie has a seal upgrade for that era slide outs. I was going to have mine done in Forest City this past summer but they "copped an attitude" with me so I cancelled and will take my business elsewhere.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper
 
Charlotte & Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lugoff, SC
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickBBD
For some reason the BR slides in th 04, 05, & early 06 are notorious for leaks. Especially at the lower right corner of the slide. I have been reasonably successful keeping mine at a minimum with a serier of expanding foam and butyl tape rolled into a ball. That and "driving" the slide by pressing extend to keep it very firm against the seal. I understand Winnie has a seal upgrade for that era slide outs. I was going to have mine done in Forest City this past summer but they "copped an attitude" with me so I cancelled and will take my business elsewhere.
Maverick BBD, how are you using expanding foam butyl tape? How does the expanding foam work if the slide has to move? And where are you putting the tape? I am really confused on how you are using these things. Hope you can clear my mind on this.
Thanks,
Joe
__________________
Charlotte & Joe Maynar
Rocky & Spike (Our Pin-Mins)
2004 39' Itasca Meridian
Charlotte & Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia Beach, Va
Posts: 41
If the slide is leaking only when it is out then you may want to check your bottom gasket again. The problem with them is that there is no where for the water to go once it comes down the slide but into the bedroom and it can leak on the front or back of the bedroom floor. I replaced mine myself in about 2 hours with the new one with the proper trough and weap holes. I have not had a problem now for over 4 years and since I fulltime my slide are open most of the time. Don't take the shops word for it change the gasket.
__________________
Mike and Pat Montgomery
3 cats, 1 Dog,1 Bird - 2004 Itasca Meridian 39k
2009 Saturn Outlook (Toad)
Mike and Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:57 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper
 
Charlotte & Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lugoff, SC
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Pat View Post
If the slide is leaking only when it is out then you may want to check your bottom gasket again. The problem with them is that there is no where for the water to go once it comes down the slide but into the bedroom and it can leak on the front or back of the bedroom floor. I replaced mine myself in about 2 hours with the new one with the proper trough and weap holes. I have not had a problem now for over 4 years and since I fulltime my slide are open most of the time. Don't take the shops word for it change the gasket.
Hi Mike,
I replaced the bottom seal a few years ago. We too are fulltimers, have been since Oct 2005. It's a pain in the butt to have to bring the slide in when it rains to hard.
__________________
Charlotte & Joe Maynar
Rocky & Spike (Our Pin-Mins)
2004 39' Itasca Meridian
Charlotte & Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte & Joe View Post
Maverick BBD, how are you using expanding foam butyl tape? How does the expanding foam work if the slide has to move? And where are you putting the tape? I am really confused on how you are using these things. Hope you can clear my mind on this.
Thanks,
Joe
I should have mentioned that I take the buytl tape and make a ball out of it and use it like a putty. Makes a big difference. Sorry for the confusion.

The expanding foam is used only in non-movement areas.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:51 PM   #11
Winnebago Watcher
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
slide leaks gone

We have a 38 ft 03 Holiday Rambler Ambassador that would leak just a bit whether slides were in or out. We had some work done on the coach at Brazel's RV in Centrailia, WA that included a "ride height adjustment". Our coach was off by 4+ inches front to rear. When they got done they were within 3/4 of an inch. Point is, gaskets may not be the problem. For us, once the ride height was properly adjusted we have had no more slide leaks, slide in or slide out. The overall stop there was expensive but just having that adjusted saved MAJOR expenses further down the road I'm sure and I feel was well worth it.
e8seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
leak, slide


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2004 Meridian/Journey Bedroom Slide Leak AlexP Winnebago Class A Motorhomes 14 02-25-2014 12:33 PM
Bedroom slide out leak JBroadaway General Maintenance and Repair 12 05-20-2011 09:08 AM
Bedroom Slide leak stearn General Maintenance and Repair 19 08-14-2010 01:12 PM
King Dome spray really works; bedroom slide leak update John_Canfield Tech | Toys and Gear 23 05-29-2006 04:31 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.