Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2008, 05:29 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

My crank out 6 inch horizantal attachment bars have separated from from the matching attachment bars glued to the glass. Anyone have the same needed repair and how did you do it self help?...technique...type reattachment glue etc.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:29 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

My crank out 6 inch horizantal attachment bars have separated from from the matching attachment bars glued to the glass. Anyone have the same needed repair and how did you do it self help?...technique...type reattachment glue etc.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:41 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Hey Pubtym

I had the bar seperate from the glass 3 years ago. After many tries and in desperation I bought some Goop automotive glue from an Advanced auto parts store but I have seen it in others since. Anyway it comes in a red tube for about $6.00. Slapped it on the metal bars and clamped it to the glass overnight. Still together 3 years later. Hope this helps.
Ol'Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:27 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ol'Joe:
Hey Pubtym

I had the bar seperate from the glass 3 years ago. After many tries and in desperation I bought some Goop automotive glue from an Advanced auto parts store but I have seen it in others since. Anyway it comes in a red tube for about $6.00. Slapped it on the metal bars and clamped it to the glass overnight. Still together 3 years later. Hope this helps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Ol'Joe,

I just finished repair on both using expoxy putty..same type stuff Bill May shouts advertising about. Except this is Locktite brand...I believe it'll work too..just not pull the 10,000 lb truck!

I'll close thead with final results after cure=cleanup=reassemble==ops check

Failure of epoxy putty. Will look for Goop glue in red tube.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:06 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Gorilla "Super Glue" works! Again..it's the Super Glue product from Gorilla...yes..when it sets it sets..done deal..

http://www.gorillaglue.com/glues/superglue/index.aspx
Old 07-27-2008, 03:28 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Your post was timely for me. About 2 hours ago I noticed the same thing on the same window and the same problem. I will try the Super Glue and cannot thank you enough for your post. Perfect timing. Sounds like this is not something new based on three problems so far.
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:00 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fun time:
Your post was timely for me. About 2 hours ago I noticed the same thing on the same window and the same problem. I will try the Super Glue and cannot thank you enough for your post. Perfect timing. Sounds like this is not something new based on three problems so far. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My two windows ..when rig is parked by home..face the morning and midday hot sun...The hot temp could affect the current OE adhesive. Gorilla Super Glue has a very high temp tolerance as well as the rubber particle additive. This appears different than standard "Krazy Glue".

I cleaned surfaces with 99 % alcohol before glue application and placement. I applied glue to three points on the loose bar rather than the rubber mount strip on the window. Glue instructions caution against too much glue. Three point glue spots (dime size)on bar worked well.

I now check that they are not cranked closed too tight...just snug..
Old 07-28-2008, 03:20 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Pubtym: I applied the Gorrilla Super Glue today and clamped it on three areas. Thought I would let it sit overnight and try it tomorrow. I will let you know how it turns out. FYI, my coach is always inside and I still had the same problem as you. I think Winny was in the right church but had the wrong pew on this one.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:12 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Pubtym: Checked the glue job today and as you said it worked perfect. Thanks for you help
Old 07-29-2008, 05:36 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Outstanding...glad it worked for you&gt;&gt;