Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Bath Power Vent Problem

The power vent in the bath in our 2000 Adventurer 35U has malfunctioned. Everything works except the power dome function. When you flip the wall switch the dome motor just grunts. Put it on Man. and open it with knob it works great. I took it apart and found that the dome motor runs and sounds OK, the dome moves freely when lifted manually. Has this happened to others? Where to buy parts if it is a motor?
Marriage is a relationship in which one is always right and the other is the husband
new2RVn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:15 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2RVn View Post
The power vent in the bath in our 2000 Adventurer 35U has malfunctioned. Everything works except the power dome function. When you flip the wall switch the dome motor just grunts. Put it on Man. and open it with knob it works great. I took it apart and found that the dome motor runs and sounds OK, the dome moves freely when lifted manually. Has this happened to others? Where to buy parts if it is a motor?
mine had a similar problem. the spline connecting the motor to the mechanism was partially stripped. if it is a fantastic fan, call them at 800-521-0298. they will send you new parts free including free shipping.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:58 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

On mine the little plastic gear on the motor's shaft broke. Bought new one at RV supply store. It press fits onto the motor shaft.

Charlie Tuit
02 Journey, 166,000 miles
XL-7 toad
charles tuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN L

mine had a similar problem. the spline connecting the motor to the mechanism was partially stripped. if it is a fantastic fan, call them at 800-521-0298. they will send you new parts free including free shipping.
X2 they've sent me parts several times. Nice having a life warranty
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #5
KIX
Winnebago Master

It may be an Elixir brand. If so they can be reached for parts at 800-443-5473
Old 03-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks guys. It is nice to find out that they have a lifetime warranty. Now I can spend that money on something else. Have you ever noticed that there is ALWAYS something else?
Marriage is a relationship in which one is always right and the other is the husband
Old 03-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Here is an update to my original post. I got very industrious today and decided that I was gonna fix it or break it. I took it all apart, cleaned it and lubed all the moving parts I could get to. Put it all back together, same thing, grrrr. I finally decided to try to determine if the travel was being limited in some way. It was. It was all out of sinc. I kept raising the cover up manually and closing it with power till it didn't sound as if it were getting to much pressure when it closed and sealed. Took about 30 mins. but it worked. Problem solved, no new parts. Just had to knock a little rust off the old punkin.

Tags
power, vent