Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Basement air high blower light not illuminated

Hi,
Hot weather this summer so of course we are having air conditioning problems. This just started in the past week.

The air conditioner runs and makes cold air but only really works well on cooler days. I've kept up on the filter changes. We had the ducts in the rear cap resealed and they are still tight.

Today I opened up the circuit board cover and found that the green high blower light is not on.

Any thoughts on what I can check? Thanks for your help.

In searching the forum I noticed several posts saying not to use the fancy air filters but rather get the cheap kind. I'll change to that tomorrow.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

You should be able to download the service manual from RV Products website.

http://www.rvcomfort.com/rvp/tech_info/

If not I can email it to you.

Below is the page that troubleshoots the "NO green LED light".

-Tom

http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=21843

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Check where your thermostat is set - some times the high/low fan speed should to be set on high. It make a difference on my 05 horizon
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the help I was able to find the online manual tonight so I'll start working on this.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Found the problem

After downloading the Service Manual and spending a few hours looking it over I decided to see if I had 12v DC power to the Stage 2 relay and if I did check to see if the relay was closing. I thought going in that the Stage 2 relay was stuck open.

I pulled the 12v connections from the Stage 2 relay and found that I had voltage on the positive wire but the ground wire was open. I then put a jumper wire from the air conditioner chassis to the negative terminal on the relay and the relay closed, the High Blower light illuminated and we have a lot more cold air inside then before. Wow that was easy!

I rang out the wire from the board and it's fine. There is no continuity from ground to the negative terminal. I think I need a new board.

Thanks for your help.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Great.

As complicated as this system looks at first glance, spending some time with the service manual, as you did, makes the system much clearer. Using the LED lights on the board and the downloadable service manual makes the system understandable. Even if one can not find their fault they'll be in a much better position to explain their problem to a service writer or AC repairman.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Tom,
I agree it takes a few hours to get the full extent of system and how the system works and how the parts fit together.
I've picked up a good knowledge of electrical systems and schematics from my years as a helicopter pilot. I also worked with a mechanic who was an electrical whiz.
We're finally cooler.

My one question is how long should I use the jumper to power the Stage 2 relay if it takes a week or so to get a new board?
Old 01-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Tom,

How do you like your wireless tow light?
LinCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I like or Towmate light a lot, we've had it for two years and it works every time.