Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2005, 05:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Can someone pls. tell me where I can find the basement AC filter. I know its suppose to be under the bed but I can't find it. Does the bedroom have to be out?
Old 06-16-2005, 05:07 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Can someone pls. tell me where I can find the basement AC filter. I know its suppose to be under the bed but I can't find it. Does the bedroom have to be out?
Old 06-16-2005, 05:38 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

In my 2004 35u, pick up the bed and there is a cover in the wood that lifts up about an 18inch square cover. Mine takes a 20x14 Vet Man
Vet Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 05:51 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Vet Man I found it. The bed has to be out. The size is correc too. I'll go tomorrow and get on before we leave on our trip. I think I have dust in there from AK. Will clean out.

Char N4FAP
Old 06-17-2005, 04:52 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I fixed mine so I do not have to move bed or lift it. I made the side vents on bed so the can be slid open. Just lay accross the bed and open vent take out old filter and put in new one. Reason was I hated to emty the under bed storage.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 05:55 AM   #6
iRV2 Marketing

OK folks here's a suggestion. BEFORE you remove your filters to change them, get a rag or some type of duster and go over the open grill work (large chicken wire) on the side of the bed or where ever the opening is. The opening(s) (sometimes plural) is(are) usually located on the inlet side of the AC. You will notice that the wire itself traps a lot of dust. Before you dislodge the dust run your AC or put it in the "ON" mode and then dust off the wire. The filter will trap the dust particles as they come off AND THEN change the filter. You could also clean the wire with a vacuum but hey whatever works for you is OK by me. One other suggestion, spray the wire with Lysol, that'll freshen up the wire surface and who knows might "whack" some germs or something like that!

Since you're living in such a small and tight environment that pushes a lot of air use the highest MIRV rated filter you can. I usually try to by 3M Filtrete types or better if I can find them.

On our 38G there are "2" 14x20 filters, make sure you check your system for dual filters. I have one under the bed and the other is located under the closet floor along the back wall.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 04:44 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

DriVer Your right I found another one one the other side of the bed. It is a 10x20. That sure is a lot of lost space under there. I'll also check in the closet. That would be for the heat? Is it in behind the grill.

Char N4FAP
Old 06-17-2005, 05:06 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Correct on two filters, one is "AC" other is "Heat".

Bruce
Old 06-17-2005, 06:20 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

RVDriver,

I have two filters under the bed for AC. I have not found a filter for LP heat. I have a grill under the makeup table, but no filter behind it. Should I?
Thanks
Old 06-18-2005, 01:16 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

This 2 filter thing must be on newer and bigger Mh's. Only have the one under the bed. On the 35U closet slides out with bed. Very thin floor in closet.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 02:20 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

I've only been able to find one filter in my 2004 Journey 39W - below the chest of drawers under the TV in the bedroom. Anyone with a 39W or 39K found another? The manual isn't too clear and right now mine is at the dealer for repairs (took it in May 11 - still waiting for floor tiles). If there is another filter I'd sure like to change it.

Thanks
Old 06-18-2005, 04:42 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

It's funny that just today a friend came by the rig and asked if I was aware that there are 2 filters in the AC/heat system. I told him no of course. He said that another friend was cleaning her closet carpets with a shop vac and pulled up an until then unknown access panel. The finger hole was well disgused by the carpet. She owns an Adventurer 38 type. He owns a 37type and he found his based on her find. Well he was warning ALL Winnebago owners in the campground and now we all are looking for extra filters. I have an '05 38R Adventure. I tore the bedroom and closet apart but could only find the under bed filter. I wonder if I missed something? My owners manual talks about filters in the plural. As I write this 2 more closet filters have been "found". One on a rig bought in 2002. YUCK!!. I can't help but wonder how many more of us out there don't know about the closet filter or why Winnebago dosen't make them more visable. Anyway, The boss is away visiting the kids today and as I stated earlier I just slightly rearranged the bedroom and closet.......... Usually though I run a lot faster scared than she does mad. Wish me luck!!!!

Ol'Joe
Ol'Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 05:38 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

I think both filters are in the same space. Its a large opening under there. Maybe both the heat and AC are both returned thru here. Maybe no because I also have what I think is a return under the make up desk. I haven't looked behind the grill or in the closet yet. Getting ready to leave for out west Mon. Will look tomorrow and post what I find.

CharWan
Old 06-19-2005, 06:46 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I have an '05 38R Adventure. I tore the bedroom and closet apart but could only find the under bed filter. I wonder if I missed something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also have an '05 38r, a SUncruiser and I only have one filter. That one is located under the bed.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote