Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-12-2011, 07:36 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

Drawing hi amps is a sign that a compressor is trying to start, but unable to, and then internal overload opens and after it cools, cycle will repeat, This is not good for your compressor. Watching your oneplace meter you should be able to determine which compressor.

I don't think these capacitors are oil filled, but not sure.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

The top of Run Capacitors usually pops up when they go bad most of the time they are grey. Start Capacitors are black and blows the oil out of a hole in the top when they go bad. You can test them with a olm meter or just replace with a known good one.
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:47 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevtr View Post
We are also having problems with AC. I peeked in the electrical compartment, saw a bright green LED telling me all was good. LEDs lie. None of my capacitors are blown, but what I suspect is a run capacitor is leaking oil: thats not good. Anyway, ran the generator to exercise, used the AC for a load. Then gen would run, then pull a lot of amps, then speed up until the governor caught it. Hour and a half, the temp went down 3 degrees. Beloved Spouse is not impressed. Her diagnosis: It sounds funny. Can't disagree with that. So I'm following this thread to learn. Do capacitors just die without melting or going ballistic?
the #1 compressor must run before the #2 compressor will start.
you can switch the wires on the panel where your led's are so that the #1 compressor will operate with the #2 electrical components. then just leave the #2 cb off. if that works, your problem is not with the #1 compressor but is with electrical components in the #1 system.
that way 50% of your ac system will be operative until you are able to get parts.
there is a search function on this forum with trouble shooting info.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote