Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-31-2008, 03:16 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Is there a way (& should it be done) to pour a bleach/water mixture into the condensate drain to preclude blockage from grunge? If so, how is the upstream hose accessed? I don't own a chainsaw.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:16 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Is there a way (& should it be done) to pour a bleach/water mixture into the condensate drain to preclude blockage from grunge? If so, how is the upstream hose accessed? I don't own a chainsaw.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Old 05-31-2008, 03:23 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thudman:

Thudman </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you own one...take an enema bottle with insert tip...fill with mild solution ..insert tip fully into
drain...squeeze solution container repeat a couple of times...let set 15 min...rinse with fresh water from enema...have fun...!!!
Old 05-31-2008, 11:30 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I always wondered what those things were for.....

Thudman

PS: Thanks

Old 05-31-2008, 07:22 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">into the condensate drain to preclude blockage from grunge? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I wonder if anyone has ever had that problem? I've not heard of it on these units. I don't recall noting the drain path when I've seen mine disassembled.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:00 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Right after we bought ours, I noticed that the drain was plugged. I remember opening it up and it was like a cow and a flat rock . Since then, I give it a squeeze whenever I'm under there to make sure it is clear. I hadn't thought about the bleach...maybe use a turkey baster?
THutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:42 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I rolled under mine yesterday evening to see what I would find. The drain is dripping and doesn't appear to be backed up at all. But there is also drain water dripping from the rear side -- actually runs from there around under the ac unit before it drips off. The rear (toward the rear of the coach, not the back of the ac unit) is where my outlet duct attaches to go up the rear cap. The foam gasket across the bottom of the duct connection is wet & dripping.

In the course of checking this out I felt a bit of cool air. When I reached up on the top of the outlet duct to the L where it turns upward, I found a very strong blast of cold air escaping. So now I have a duct taping job to do. I cleaned the duct surface off and left it to dry overnight. Taping if should be fun with the large mud flap right there in the way ...at least I shouldn't get too hot lying under there with cold water dripping on me while I work!!
Old 06-03-2008, 04:22 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AFChap:
I rolled under mine yesterday evening to see what I would find. The drain is dripping and doesn't appear to be backed up at all. But there is also drain water dripping from the rear side -- actually runs from there around under the ac unit before it drips off. The rear (toward the rear of the coach, not the back of the ac unit) is where my outlet duct attaches to go up the rear cap. The foam gasket across the bottom of the duct connection is wet & dripping.

In the course of checking this out I felt a bit of cool air. When I reached up on the top of the outlet duct to the L where it turns upward, I found a very strong blast of cold air escaping. So now I have a duct taping job to do. I cleaned the duct surface off and left it to dry overnight. Taping if should be fun with the large mud flap right there in the way ...at least I shouldn't get too hot lying under there with cold water dripping on me while I work!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suggest cleaning off the surface first with alcohol soaked rag...then use metal duct tape. Finish by coating all taped seams with GE Brand Silicone II...gray or clear. I found best spread coverage technique was to squirt a glob on to my finger tips...then spread it like "thick" paste along the seams..worked for me...let dry 24 hrs before another A/C leak air check.