Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2006, 02:03 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Should have posted this earlier.

As some of you may remember I had a problem with the Power Pro awnings rear arm hanging when I went to open it. It was simply a matter of going to it and pulling on it and then the awning would deploy. This isn't the way its suposed to work and I wanted it right.

I tried to get this fixed for two years and finally I was able to find someone that knew what they were doing and resolved my problem. Of course before this happened I spent 250.00 of my own money plus 100.00 in fuel. After all this and many phone calls Winnie paid for the labor to fix it.

It only took the centering of the fabric and the addition of one screw on the rear of the fabric at the top to hold it centered and its fixed.

Every problem we have can be solved if we are persistent and find the right people to do the job.

Thanks Winnie for your help.
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:03 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

As some of you may remember I had a problem with the Power Pro awnings rear arm hanging when I went to open it. It was simply a matter of going to it and pulling on it and then the awning would deploy. This isn't the way its suposed to work and I wanted it right.

I tried to get this fixed for two years and finally I was able to find someone that knew what they were doing and resolved my problem. Of course before this happened I spent 250.00 of my own money plus 100.00 in fuel. After all this and many phone calls Winnie paid for the labor to fix it.

It only took the centering of the fabric and the addition of one screw on the rear of the fabric at the top to hold it centered and its fixed.

Every problem we have can be solved if we are persistent and find the right people to do the job.

Thanks Winnie for your help.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:55 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Money, time and persistance will cure almost any problem when applied in various proportions...

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:08 AM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ichn2go:

Thanks Winnie for your help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad you were able to get your awning fixed, now GET OUT THERE and enjoy it!!

Hope to see you In Tennessee with the rest of the Appalachians,although I know that's a haul for you and Linda...

Might even buy you something for breakfast....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:22 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Hey, Bob. I went past the local KK store this week and saw the 'Hot Donuts Now' light on and thought about you. Nothing quite like a freshly made, still warm, KK donut.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:29 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Power Pro awnings rear arm hanging </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have a similar problem with the rear rafter arm of my CareFree OneTouch awning ...it sometimes hangs briefly and then "bangs" free when I am retracting the awning. Haven't been able to figure out what is hanging as yet...
Old 06-22-2006, 01:40 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Gary, they melt in your mouth and add inches to our waist..Bob, needs to enjoy the finer things in life.

Paul, in my case, the aft arm hung in the closed position and you had to walk to the rear and physically pull on it to get it to open.The cloth had moved to the front of the coach in the top channel and was binding the arm. The local man couldn't git er dun and I had to take it to Richmond after 2 years of messing with it. I have the A&E power pro.

They used two ladders, one on each end, and the guy on the aft end pulled and the other pushed centering the arms.

There was a screw never used on the aft end of the cloth in the top channel only on the front.. They put one in the aft end of the cloth at the top and its worked fine ever since. Good Luck