Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-22-2019, 11:35 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Automatic Steps

My buddy has a 2010 Winnebago Aspect with automatic steps. Previous owner fastened a one inch board on the step to make it higher. He removed the board and now the step is not equal, meaning a short distance to get on the step and a longer distance into the motor home. The difference is about two inches. My question is whether or not that step can be adjusted through limit switches or whatever. There seems to be room for it to move further upon extension.
Stoflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 12:35 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

This might help:

Sounds like it might be the cam stops.

https://winnebagoind.com/resources/s...ic%20Steps.pdf
Old 06-02-2019, 12:18 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I realize building codes are not the issue here but for safety sake all steps should be the same height, plus/minus a fraction.

Now, how to get the bottom step the same?
David_Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:18 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

That is a single step and the distance from the ground to the bottom step is always going to be different depending on the slope of the ground you have leveled it on. While traveling the step may be a little low along with when the campsite slopes up toward the entry door side of the coach while sometimes when the campsite slopes down toward the entry door side of the coach the step up from the ground will be greater.

The cam stops will be a compromise and will only be 100% correct when you have the coach set up on a site that is at the same state of level and the leveling jacks set at the same height as when you adjusted the cams on the step.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:05 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

(OT) Thanks for that, Eric. Mine are affixed in the closed position. As soon as I can get them open - I will figure out a way to make them manual.

Jim
Wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steps