Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-27-2008, 07:05 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Stupid question time. What do you do when your auto leveling system doesn't do a good job leveling?

I know about manual adjusting because my previous coach was that way but the 07 Suncruiser has no bubble to balance to? Have the little bubble for the fridge but just wondered what you all do in this case?
Old 03-27-2008, 07:05 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Stupid question time. What do you do when your auto leveling system doesn't do a good job leveling?

I know about manual adjusting because my previous coach was that way but the 07 Suncruiser has no bubble to balance to? Have the little bubble for the fridge but just wondered what you all do in this case?
Old 03-27-2008, 07:25 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We open a door about 45 degrees and manually extend/retract leveling jacks until the door stays @ the 45 degree angle, ie neither opens or closes on its own. Works for us!!!

If all your doors are the slide type you can get those stick on leveling vials from camping world (or others) and stick one on the length axis and the other on the width axis and observing them while operating the levelers manually.

07 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:33 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I level it manually using a small 8" level. I then "reset" the system and it seems to be right on after that. Not sure if the "reset" feature is common to all systems.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:36 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

If your autolevel HWH system does not level you coach download the manual from HWHcorp.com

The manual will explain how to adjust your electrics so you system will auto level.

Forget about the fridge.

Basically, you level your coach manually with a level on the tile floor of your coach. Once the coach is perfectly level, and you still have lights lite on your HWH control panel indicating out of level, you remove the clear plastic cover on the HWH electronics box and adjust the pots that are indicated in the manual until all the level lights are out on your control panel. After completing this procedure your coach will autolevel and all the level lights will go out when level.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:57 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Bought an easy level at camping world and it really works great.

I have auto level and it is still useful each time I level
jtharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:06 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chief:
We open a door about 45 degrees and manually extend/retract leveling jacks until the door stays @ the 45 degree angle, ie neither opens or closes on its own. Works for us!!!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why don't you use the level indicating lights on your jack control panel??

-Tom
Old 03-27-2008, 09:27 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Tom,

The HWH leveling system levels according to input received from the controller. If the controller is not set correctly, the lights will be off and the coach not level. This can be corrected by leveling the coach first and then re-setting the controller. On my coach there are two leveling nut adjusters on the side of the controller box. You turn one for left to right and the other for front to back. Turn both until no lights are illuminated. There is no need to remove the clear plastic cover. The LEDs inside the controller can be seen from the outside and are on the same circuit as the LEDs on the control panel inside the coach. There is a PDF file on the HWH web site that describes this procedure.
2016 Independent Publishers Book Awards Winner
LK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:52 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LK23:
Tom,

On my coach there are two leveling nut adjusters on the side of the controller box. You turn one for left to right and the other for front to back. Turn both until no lights are illuminated. There is no need to remove the clear plastic cover. The LEDs inside the controller can be seen from the outside and are on the same circuit as the LEDs on the control panel inside the coach. There is a PDF file on the HWH web site that describes this procedure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, I've only adjusted my HWH 610 system on my 1994 Vectra. Back then the adjustments were made to a circular disk mounted in one of the compartments.

I have not had to adjust my current HWH system but I have had the glass cover off. I incorrectly thought all adjustments were under the cover.

Thanks for mentioning that level light adjustments are on the side of the control box.

This coach does not have the HWH auto system. I have the manual 325 HWH system. I looked at my manual and my system also has the adjustment nuts outside the control box.

"If the sensing unit LEDs and the touch panel lights correspond, the sensing unit
may be out of adjustment. There is an adjustment nut and screw on the outside
of the control box for the sensing unit. Refer to the maintenance sheet for sensing
unit adjustment procedures. Minor, gentile movement of the adjustment nut and
screw work best."

Thanks, I may touch my level indicator lights adjustments up a little.

-Tom
Old 03-27-2008, 10:15 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

My Destination has "Kwikee" levelers. After manually leveling, I believe you push 3 buttons on the control panel at the same time. That resets the system. I don't have my paperwork here right now so not sure of the actual sequence.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:11 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chief:
We open a door about 45 degrees and manually extend/retract leveling jacks until the door stays @ the 45 degree angle, ie neither opens or closes on its own. Works for us!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why don't you use the level indicating lights on your jack control panel?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't explain my procedure fully.

We use the automatic adjustment feature to initally level the coach until the lights are out, however the level is always slightly off causing us to use the open door fine tuning.

I know that the adjustment can be made on the outside of the box under the steps. This adjustment is much too sensitive for me to take the time to crawl under the beast and fiddle with. (I have attempted this before and been moderately successful) Much easier to use the open door method.

07 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:16 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

This makes me kinda glad I have the
old fashioned" kind.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:47 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

put level in freezer n then find a match on counter top or floor to use in future. that reefer wants to be level.

WORKHORSE W-22
cannon man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:05 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LK23:
Tom,

The HWH leveling system levels according to input received from the controller. If the controller is not set correctly, the lights will be off and the coach not level. This can be corrected by leveling the coach first and then re-setting the controller. On my coach there are two leveling nut adjusters on the side of the controller box. You turn one for left to right and the other for front to back. Turn both until no lights are illuminated. There is no need to remove the clear plastic cover. The LEDs inside the controller can be seen from the outside and are on the same circuit as the LEDs on the control panel inside the coach. There is a PDF file on the HWH web site that describes this procedure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Exactly so! Unfortunately I need to touch up the adjustment about once or twice a year

I also level to where the bathroom door will remain opened at a 45 degree angle. Your coach might be different - you need the best level considering how level the galley cooktop is, how well the shower drains, and how well your doors remain open.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote