Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2007, 01:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I am the second owner of a 04 Itasca Horizon and I have what is probably a simple question. Does the assist handle, just to the left of the door upon entering, have a light in it? Mine does not light with the porch light in the on position. If it supposed to light I would assume I can remove and make whatever replacement of a bulb that is needed. Thanks for any assistance.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:10 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I am the second owner of a 04 Itasca Horizon and I have what is probably a simple question. Does the assist handle, just to the left of the door upon entering, have a light in it? Mine does not light with the porch light in the on position. If it supposed to light I would assume I can remove and make whatever replacement of a bulb that is needed. Thanks for any assistance.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Yes your assist handle outside does have a light in it. I had to replace mine last year. It is a led style bulb with a small circuit board as I recall.I don't believe you will buy it anywhere like an auto parts store

My advice for best price and service and quick delivery is Lichtsinn Motors in Forest City IA.

2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
arkaussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:25 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, is the light in the top or bottom and do I merely remove the entire handle and the bulb is inside?
Old 08-01-2007, 06:35 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

This may sound crazy but I forget if it is in the top or the bottom. I want to say the bottom as I assumed it would be the top when I pulled it apart last year. Only to find I was wrong but it is only 4 screws for each end of the handle. Easy to change as I recall.

2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
arkaussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:09 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

My 03 never lite..could have been a problem or maybe it was not supposed too. Every model year is different.

Whenever in doubt call Winnie, give them your coach serial # and they can tell you what it is susposed to do.

My frig would run off of 115 from the inverter,going down the road, some of the other years did not.
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:32 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I have a 04 Horizon as well and when I took mine off to install a light I found that the wire connector had come loose and all I had to do was hook it back up. My light was in the top handle bracket.

Pete
PeteB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:56 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Does anybody know if the '05 Meridian has the lighted handle? I've wondered about it but keep forgetting to ask.

The memory is the second thing to go and I can't seem to remember what the first was!

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote