Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2012, 06:45 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Anyone know R-values?

Does anyone know the R-values on the Tour 42QD or the Ellipse 42QD? I will be doing some traveling in the North, and have been looking at the Entegra, but just saw the 42QD and love the floorplan! Or is there a "Polar Pak" insulation upgrade available?

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Kathryn,

We too loved the floorplan of the Tour. I would suggest you continue to research the differences in the Tour vs. the Entegra. There are some significant differences that we felt, warranted selecting Entegra over the Tour. Merely our opinion of course. Good luck.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RISCKY View Post
Kathryn,

We too loved the floorplan of the Tour. I would suggest you continue to research the differences in the Tour vs. the Entegra. There are some significant differences that we felt, warranted selecting Entegra over the Tour. Merely our opinion of course. Good luck.
Oh man - I know! Couple things here though ... I am looking at the Aspire, and you can't get IFS or 150 gal fuel or a couple other things (have to go look at my list) without bumping up another $100k to the Anthem. And Winnebago took the basic 42DEQ and in their version - the 42QD - changed it up enough to put in that very nice rear bath.

But I am NOT thrilled about all the posts I have been reading here about creaks and groans and things shifting!! Wondering how much is a result of that loooooooong full wall slide.

Course, I could get the 42RBQ and spend another 50k customizing it - I'll probably take that much of a hit if I end up dumping after the first year.

What about it folks? You ever compare the Winnebago against the Entegra? Do you really feel like Winn will hold up long term?

Kathryn

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
Oh man - I know! Couple things here though ... I am looking at the Aspire, and you can't get IFS or 150 gal fuel or a couple other things (have to go look at my list) without bumping up another $100k to the Anthem. And Winnebago took the basic 42DEQ and in their version - the 42QD - changed it up enough to put in that very nice rear bath.

But I am NOT thrilled about all the posts I have been reading here about creaks and groans and things shifting!! Wondering how much is a result of that loooooooong full wall slide.

Course, I could get the 42RBQ and spend another 50k customizing it - I'll probably take that much of a hit if I end up dumping after the first year.

What about it folks? You ever compare the Winnebago against the Entegra? Do you really feel like Winn will hold up long term?

Kathryn

Actually, you can get the Aspire in w/ IFS. Entegra built/is building some not sure how many...Cruzer may know.

100 gallons of diesel takes you a looong way! We find that we stop more often just to take a break anyway.

There is a reason why Entegra specifically chooses NOT to build a full wall slide. Call Tadd Jenkins to discuss.

Most importantly, the Anthem isn't nearly 100k more than the Aspire!!!
Old 06-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post

Kathryn
You can get plenty of Entegra Aspire's with IFS for approx $8,000 over standard. Do you really need to carry 150 gallons??
Leftyroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

My passanger slide out is 33 ft no noise or problems where did you hear Winnebago had a problem? I have 6000 miles on mine.
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

This post is old but let's see if there are any new suggestions available out there... I too have been looking at the Entegra and really like the two year warranty they have. It looks like the Aspire and the Ellipse are comparing apples and apples... I'm leaning towards the Entegra at this point and time... what say you?
Recon4 is offline   Reply With Quote