Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2016, 10:28 PM   #1

Antennas on front cap

We have a 2013 Tour and while doing some work on the roof we discovered that one of the flexible antennas was broken off. I cannot find any details on what they are needed for. We have been parked for awhile so we haven't had the radio on. So I don't know what might not work without this antenna.
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:37 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

It is am/fm radio antenna. Mine has three on the roof. All of mine are broken off & the radios still work fine.
Old 06-11-2016, 06:47 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Yep, I have two broken-off on my coach too. You can buy new masts at auto parts stores or Walmart.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 09:32 AM   #4

I saw them for $9.00 through WIT.

Still not making sense to me. You only need one antenna for AM/FM, which would be the dash radio. The Input to the surround sound tuner is from the King TV antenna, so what could that 2nd one be for? They are easy to access through the front cabinets, but are covered in spray insulation so hard to trace.
Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 04:13 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom Ant View Post
I saw them for $9.00 through WIT.

Still not making sense to me. You only need one antenna for AM/FM, which would be the dash radio. The Input to the surround sound tuner is from the King TV antenna, so what could that 2nd one be for? They are easy to access through the front cabinets, but are covered in spray insulation so hard to trace.
Would one go to the outside entertainment system? I do wish we had access to the pre 2010 wiring diagrams. Makes life much simpler.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Would one go to the outside entertainment system? I do wish we had access to the pre 2010 wiring diagrams. Makes life much simpler.
I don't have outside entertainment, but maybe they put the antenna on anyway.

I just looked up wiring for a 2008 Meridian on the Winnebago site. do they not have them for yours?
Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:45 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Rick

" I do wish we had access to the pre 2010 wiring diagrams. Makes life much simpler."

You should have no issue getting pre 2010 info. They are available on the Winnebago Ind web site under "Reources". Included are parts catalogs as well as wiring and plumbing diagrams if that would help you. There is no requirement when accessing these to login or provide a coach serial number. I suspect they would be helpful in trouble shooting more recent coach issues but not precise. Unfortunately, Winnebago has elected not to make more recent info available. Good luck
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:58 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Glenda:
I have three of the rubber antennas on my 09 Journey. On my coach, the angle of the antenna is adjustable and the antenna portion is held to the roof mount by a screw. The bottom of the antenna is a ball that mounts to the base. If your antennas are missing and you wish to replace one, you can purchase one from Winnebago or elsewhere and just screw the new top piece into the existing mount. Seems the ball section is the weakest part and the antenna fractures there if you hit tree branchs or whatever.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:30 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Mine has 4 antennas:
1- for the cabin radio
1- for the outside entertainment radio
1- for the radio in the bedroom
+1 for the CB radio

I'm thinking that the antennas are installed for the 3 radios just in case they are all utilized. If not used, they are just extra!
Big Oil Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:27 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
Rick

" I do wish we had access to the pre 2010 wiring diagrams. Makes life much simpler."

You should have no issue getting pre 2010 info. They are available on the Winnebago Ind web site under "Reources". Included are parts catalogs as well as wiring and plumbing diagrams if that would help you. There is no requirement when accessing these to login or provide a coach serial number. I suspect they would be helpful in trouble shooting more recent coach issues but not precise. Unfortunately, Winnebago has elected not to make more recent info available. Good luck
You are correct bobmac. My coach is a '11. No more good diagrams. Just throw drawings. I have relied upon the wiring drawings since I joined irv2 to assist other winne owners with problems. I am much less effective now with the lack of said drawings. Bummer.

Rick Y
Old 06-12-2016, 06:45 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

3 antenna's are "one" for each radio in the motor home. In the dash, outside entertainment unit, and one for the bedroom radio! All mine still are attached an work.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:54 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Jerichorick,
I think you intended to write post 2010. Pre means before, post means after. All the pre 2010 diagrams are on the website.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:50 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

Each AM/FM radio has an antenna on the roof, I have 4 antenna on my roof, one for each of 3 radios and a CB antenna-factory OEM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Pre 2010 wiring diagrams are on the W website. I downloaded the wiring diagram for my 2000 W Ultimate Freedom. The wiring diagrams include 1990 thru 2015 models.

OOPS! I downloaded the antenna wiring diagram for your MH, NOT! it clearly shows a class C MH in the drawings. I also downloaded the front end wiring diagram __which says Copyrighted in 2005???? Apparently W messed-up big time in posting 2011 diagrams.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:27 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasA View Post
Jerichorick,
I think you intended to write post 2010. Pre means before, post means after. All the pre 2010 diagrams are on the website.
Yup.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:59 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Each AM/FM radio has an antenna on the roof, I have 4 antenna on my roof, one for each of 3 radios and a CB antenna-factory OEM.

Pre 2010 wiring diagrams are on the W website. I downloaded the wiring diagram for my 2000 W Ultimate Freedom. The wiring diagrams include 1990 thru 2015 models.

OOPS! I downloaded the antenna wiring diagram for your MH, NOT! it clearly shows a class C MH in the drawings. I also downloaded the front end wiring diagram __which says Copyrighted in 2005???? Apparently W messed-up big time in posting 2011 diagrams.
Keep looking at POST2010 wiring drawings. It seems to get worst as the rigs get newer. That wonderful selling feature of RESOURCES is now a thing of the past. I wrote a letter to the president of Winnebago respectfully requesting the reestablishment of the old schematic availability system to the newer coach models. The replay back to me was from and underling and it basically stated, we don't want to spend the money to publish these drawings in Resources. Needless to say, we with newer Winnebago products are screwed. Troubleshooting in the 12v electrical systems is now very expensive for us. Most of us don't have the skill level to guess how to locate a problem. We are without a road map in a foreign land... don't know where we are and can't speak the language. Thanks Winnebago Customer Support for thinking so little of your customers.

Yep. I'm a bit angered by this companies new customer support policies.

Rick Y

Old 06-14-2016, 08:31 AM   #16
Winnebago Master

Reading posts from folks who bought MH's, except the million-dollar+ ones, I'm glad this is our last MH. When it begins to become a money-pit, we'll sell it and retire from traveling in an RV. We're planning on buying a house in FL., winter there, and summer in the North part of the U.S.A.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, front cap