Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2019, 07:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Aluminum roof deteriorated 1995 Itasca Spirit, Best Repair Product?

Hello, 1995 Class C, Itasca Spirit. Aluminum roof, hundreds of small pitted holes. I am a do it yourselfer, so I tried a commercial two part system consisting or a primer and sealer. Three months later, I guess trapped moisture under aluminum skin, on a very hot day, had enough pressure through small holes to create hundreds of small bubbles up through the surface coating. Some popped most did not.

I need a material that is tough enough to withstand any pressure from below, yet flexible enough not to crack from temperature fluctuation and the corresponding contraction/expansion of aluminum. Would love to have it Rhino liner treated but cost is exorbitant.

Also want to know if there is a product that you can fill dips or depressions before sealing application to avoid water puddling.

First hand experiences would be great and/or expert knowledge of available materials. Thanks
needabreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca, repair, roof