Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-25-2008, 04:28 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Beethovin:
To the best of my knowledge, the oil leak issue is part of the Allison 2000/2100 series of transmissions. These are used in MH and commercial vehicles. The leak is not unique to the WH UFO chassis. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beethovin - make a point. Sue Winnie in small claims for all expenses + out of way mileagle and fuel...the fault is thiers in the end. We will support you...but wait...is there an AMA like legal defense fund for RVers? - must check with FMCA.

Jeff
Old 12-30-2008, 01:03 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

The leak has been repaired many months ago.
Wish all the other problems were resolved too.
Found nuts missing from steering gear right angle drive mounting bracket. This was resolved by a WH dealer in Nashville. Made a formal report to Winnebago, WH and NHTSA along with photos. It appeared as though someone had moved the gear box and forgot to secure it. Just my opinion. If you have a WH forward control chassis, you might wish to take a close look at the right angle gear box mounting bracket fastners. Have a few more probs, the worst is the front shocks don't dampen the axle and the passenger is litteraly tossed out of the passenger seat when we hit a ripple in the road.
Toad tail lights triger a computer fault in the WH instrument panel. No one seems to know or care why. The OTR Air works only on occasion. Otherwise its not a bad chassis (sly grin). The coach itself is far superior to any Winnebago product i have had in the past. Winnebago Customer support is still stuck in the last century.
IE customer is whip sawed between selling dealer, builder and chassis maker. Each points a finger at someone else about problems. Now my Microwave control pannel is loose and Sharp says I have to take it to a dealer in another city. I am 74! Who pays to have the microwave removed and transported to a service depot?
Just driving the rig to another city costs a pile of dough not to mention the inconvenience.
RV Industry is in deep trouble right now, I wonder if it will ever get it right about building a trouble free / better product WITH 'CARING CUSTOMER SUPPORT'?
Beethovin is offline   Reply With Quote