Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Air Compressor

I have a diesel push and am interested to here if it is possible to somehow tap into the motor homes air system to use to inflate bicycle tires or if needed even the tires of the motor home. Can this be done?

300 HP Cat Diesel
GaDawgFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Yes. My 03 came with this setup. I believe that Freightliner provides a tap to connect "aux" items on the newer chassis. Perhaps yours has it also. A quick call to Gafney should confirm.
ernieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

GDawg- Here is a link on Air Compressors that has much discussion on usable air for a coach. Solutions include tapping on board motor driven air and adding or carrying a compressor, and there is another link embedded there on prior discussions regarding your question.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

There is a place to install a fitting behind the generator door. Should be to the right side and above the generator. Some times the conection fitting is already installed and sometimes the owner has to install it.
imgoin4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:25 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I was chatting with a gentleman that had at 300k plus MH and we were discussing inflating the tires. I told him that my Winnebago had a fitting under the front hood that I connected a hose to when needed and inflated the tires quickly.

He started doing some research and search and found his fitting in one of the compartment bays.

Look around, or look at the manual, or call Winnebago.

Good luck
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:48 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

My O4 Journey even came with a air hose and chuck. I set the engine to a fast idle and easily inflate my coach's tires.

1998 Jeep Cherokee
jgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:40 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Thank to all of you for the responses. I understand that I need to look in the front of the motor home near the generator. Can anyone be a little more specific as to what this thing looks like? I am a little mechanically challenged.
Finding this will be great for the time I may need for the tires, but it will also be handy for inflating kids toys, bikes, air mattresses, etc.

300 HP Cat Diesel
GaDawgFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

The Ultimate has a standard female air chuck fitting located in the upper right corner in the front generator compartment (the hood?). The female air fitting is connected to a typcial, or standard, air shut off valve and also has a pressure gauge on the line. Very easy to locate and access.

Go to Walmart and look at the air compressors and air tools in the automotive section and identify the "quick disconnect" male/femaile air fittings. YOu may want to buy a fitting, an inflation nozzle, or other toys. Once you know what you're looking for you should be able to locate the one on your rig...if you have one.
Roadking is offline   Reply With Quote