Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2009, 03:43 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Air and fuel guages on Winnebago Journey

Help! I have spent a great deal of time and money trying unsuccessfully to fix me air alarms from deploying As well my fuel gauge sometimes does not work. Presently my Journey /Freightliner is reading low rear air pressure and excessive front air pressure and alarms are sounding. I have replaced all air dumps Air water separator and did find a small air leak now fixed. I have been told this could be a VDC issue? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Robert Strong
B2900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 04:17 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Robert:

Welcome to the forum. You will find a bunch of wonderful folks and much helpful info. Perhaps I can save you from spending more money on your problem. The Freightliner VDC/VDU in some model years had a problem with cold solder joints. The problem can manifest itself as you describe...gauges erratic, especially the air gauges. If you are handy with tools and can solder carefully with a low wattage soldering pen, you can fix the problem in about an hour.

If you send me your email address (use a private message if you wish), I will send the VDC repair article to you. It has photos and step-by-step instructions. I did the repair along with a number of other folks here and cured the problems with the gauges.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:41 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

VDC box

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Robert:

Welcome to the forum. You will find a bunch of wonderful folks and much helpful info. Perhaps I can save you from spending more money on your problem. The Freightliner VDC/VDU in some model years had a problem with cold solder joints. The problem can manifest itself as you describe...gauges erratic, especially the air gauges. If you are handy with tools and can solder carefully with a low wattage soldering pen, you can fix the problem in about an hour.

If you send me your email address (use a private message if you wish), I will send the VDC repair article to you. It has photos and step-by-step instructions. I did the repair along with a number of other folks here and cured the problems with the gauges.

Thanks for the reply

My e mail adddress is [email protected] I await your reply.
B2900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:42 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Robert:

would like information on the vdc repair, I have replace two units and now need a third, and if I can repair them would save lots of money.

thanks
Jim
Mgunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:37 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgunny View Post
would like information on the vdc repair, I have replace two units and now need a third, and if I can repair them would save lots of money.

thanks
Jim
Article sent to your email address. The best price on a new VDU is about $365 if you buy it from the Freightliner Factory Service Center in Gaffney and are a FCOC member (you will get a discount).

Good luck with the repair.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

could you please send me the repair for my vdc control. thanks jamesbob
Sandnsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandnsurf View Post
could you please send me the repair for my vdc control. thanks jamesbob
I need your email address to send the article. You can send me a PM with your address if you prefer.