Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2011, 08:07 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Aero Turbine Muffler--Company folded?

I just purchased an Aero 5050XL from Parleys Diesel. Have it all hooked up as of yesterday, just need to clamp it all off and tighten everything today once my ibuprophen kicks in and mellows the aches from the 5.5 hours I spent crawling in and out numerous times.

It looks to me like Aero has folded. You can't get to their listed website and I can't go online and register the warranty. Not that it matters much to me, it should last as long as I need it to.

What does anyone know about Aero folding? Seems like they had a great product line.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I had the same problem when I tried to register ours, finally gave up and didn't worry about it. Like you said, it should last as long as I need it.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:39 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Gang,
A couple of things here. First, if the company IS folding, or has folded, how did you get one of their mufflers? From a distributor maybe? And second, may I ask what these mufflers are going on and to what benefit are they? Thanks
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:21 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I installed the Aero 5050 XL (5" in and out) on our rig because the stock muffler finally rusted out. The Aero is all stainless steel with a flow thru design and like all performance mufflers is supposed to improve power and fuel mileage with less back pressure. Maybe if I drive 10K miles per year for another 10 years it might pay for itself.

And I like how it sounds.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:22 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martind4 View Post
I installed the Aero 5050 XL (5" in and out) on our rig because the stock muffler finally rusted out. The Aero is all stainless steel with a flow thru design and like all performance mufflers is supposed to improve power and fuel mileage with less back pressure. Maybe if I drive 10K miles per year for another 10 years it might pay for itself.

And I like how it sounds.
Martin,
First, where did you get it? Second, I realize that, like many "performance" so called upgrades, it's "iffy" at best to see REAL results so, with that being said, you like how it sounds, is it considerably louder than stock? I hate the sound of some of those Dodge trucks on the road that are about four times louder than my CAT C-7.
Scott
Old 10-15-2011, 01:52 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Scott, I got mine at Parleys Diesel, via on line. It was $174.xx w/ free shipping two weeks ago. I installed it myself on our rig(see signature below) and so far so good. I only took it for a 20 mi. test drive in town and on freeway but will have a better test next week towing the truck. From what I read on this forum, the mileage increase is so-so, depending on who posts. If am really looking at increase in hp/torque but will probably see more torque than hp which is fine. This muffler will reduce back pressure considerably and lower the EGT's overall. As with any less restrictive muffler, there will be additional noise and it is throatier at slow speeds but on the freeway, I could barely here the increase. Reminds me of my flowmaster with cat-back duals on my truck. If you purchase one, you will get a lifetime warranty card with it but since they are no longer in business, it is worthless, but there isn't any reason that muffler should fail for a very long time, probably longer than I will need it.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I got it online from OurDealsRock.net after a search for Aero AT5050XL. They made 2 versions, one with a resonator and one without, the resonator one costs a little more but isn't as loud (I believe).

At speed on the highway it doesn't seem any louder than our stock one, however on takeoff from stop lights or going thru an underpass, it has a nice throaty roar. If it was too loud my DW would be complaining.

Exhaust out of the turbo on ours is 4", so I got an adaptor from 4 to 5, then a 5" elbow and into the muffler, so essectially it's 5" all the way from the turbo output, stock was 4" until out of muffler at 5".

Do a search on this forum for some nice pictures of another installation.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:14 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Technically the "old" AeroTurbine did go out of business, however the patent & technology was purchased by a large exhaust manufacturer and should be back on the go here in the next couple months.

We still have 50+ 5050XL's in stock that are ready to ship and the quality of these mufflers almost does not even need a warranty, I can count on one finger the number of Aero's we have had to warranty. That being said, anything you buy from Brazel's RV Performance comes with a personal guarantee/warranty that if you are not happy with it or it some how fails we will take care of you!
Ultra RV Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:48 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Good morning youall

I installed an aero on our coach about 6,000 ago, and was pleased with the sound, not too loud. Was very pleased with the increased in HP/torque, it seemed to take the grades and mountions better. No change in MPG. 2002 UA 40 foot, ISC 350 cummins, 96 Jeep, gross 32,700. 8.1 up hill or down no matter what. Life is great behind the wheel.

Have a great day Dan
danwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBrazel View Post
Technically the "old" AeroTurbine did go out of business, however the patent & technology was purchased by a large exhaust manufacturer and should be back on the go here in the next couple months.

We still have 50+ 5050XL's in stock that are ready to ship and the quality of these mufflers almost does not even need a warranty, I can count on one finger the number of Aero's we have had to warranty. That being said, anything you buy from Brazel's RV Performance comes with a personal guarantee/warranty that if you are not happy with it or it some how fails we will take care of you!
Jon,
Well Sir, I'm about ready to pull the plug and purchase one from you. But, like I stated, I'd like to see some sort of data on performance increase if possible. If you'd like, you can PM me for discussion of that and a price including shipping etc to Ramona CA. Ours is an '04 Itasca Horizon, 36GD, with the 330 CAT and Allison 3000MH Trans. We haul an '07 Honda Goldwing on the back of it and are presently looking for a new toad, most likely a new Honda, 2012 CRV. So, I'm looking for anything that will help that CAT motor around the USA. Thanks.
Scott