Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2008, 07:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

I have an Itasca 40AD with the television in the passenger side slide. Has anyone added the second RG-6 cable for TIVO? Does anyone know how to run the new cable in the slide?
2016 Independent Publishers Book Awards Winner
LK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:28 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I have an Itasca 40AD with the television in the passenger side slide. Has anyone added the second RG-6 cable for TIVO? Does anyone know how to run the new cable in the slide?
Old 09-28-2008, 03:47 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Hi Rex,

I ran a second coax from the King Dome control aft in the ceiling corner of the cabinet above the door, then out the ceiling corner of the cabinet. It makes an "S" loop over the top of the entertainment cabinet and then down.

The "S" loop is to minimize the possibility of breaking due to repeated flexing.

The cable is somewhat noticeable, and this isn't a very elegant solution, but it was by far the easiest.

I can take a picture if necessary.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:33 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Yeah, John, I am having difficulty following you on this one. You may need to send a photo. I have no systems in the cabinet above the windshield. I need to run the cable in the roof cavity (no problem) and somehow get it into the Entertainment cabinet (problem) in the slide.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:27 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Rex - I'll email you a picture...

Old 09-29-2008, 07:25 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

If you don't want to see the cables,it is possible to get into the back of the over dash cabinet and find the second cable from the disk, then hook your new piece of cable to it and snake it down the post beside the windshield. Then from underneath, find a suitable mounting place for the cable to where the AC and DC cables go into that track looking thing to the slide. That is where the original cable goes in. Put the new RG-6 in the track with the other wires to protect it when the slide goes in and and pass it into the entertainment center cabinet. Then take the back out of the inside of the entertainment center cabinet to find the wire and snake it up to TV switchbox where you can pass it through some opening, or drill another on to the sat receiver.
This is a lot of trouble, but I think it was worth it not having to deal with the cable inside the coach.
swyates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:49 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Welcome to the forum. As you can see from the wide range of responses I don't think lack of quality is the issue here. Like a gentleman at the factory said: " people will tolerate a house that is 2"s off square but want a motor home that is perfect". Personally, I think it is more a matter of what day of the week you motor home goes down the line. Mine must have been built on a Tuesday as I am mostly pleased with it. But I am EXTREMELY please with Winnebago and my dealers fixing those items that we can all agree are not right. They definately go all out to make things right as they will and do come up.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:54 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaverickBBD:
Welcome to the forum. As you can see from the wide range of responses I don't think lack of quality is the issue here. Like a gentleman at the factory said: " people will tolerate a house that is 2"s off square but want a motor home that is perfect". Personally, I think it is more a matter of what day of the week you motor home goes down the line. Mine must have been built on a Tuesday as I am mostly pleased with it. But I am EXTREMELY please with Winnebago and my dealers fixing those items that we can all agree are not right. They definately go all out to make things right as they will and do come up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Tom - Are you sure your reply goes with this topic?

Old 09-29-2008, 03:55 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

John: I just used the existing cable to the DVR. You cannot watch one program and record another at the same time but you can watch and record just fine.

The original cable is embedded in the harness for all of the other electrical so it may not be worth it to just get this functionality.