Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2006, 03:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Has anyone added a ceiling fan in their MH bedroom area? My wife would like to add a 42" ceiling fan as we have one at home and it is nice to be able to have the ceiling fan on warm nights. I am not sure if the ceiling can accomodate the weight of the fan.

This is the fan I have been looking at:
Old 02-17-2006, 03:24 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Has anyone added a ceiling fan in their MH bedroom area? My wife would like to add a 42" ceiling fan as we have one at home and it is nice to be able to have the ceiling fan on warm nights. I am not sure if the ceiling can accomodate the weight of the fan.

This is the fan I have been looking at:
Old 02-18-2006, 07:28 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Some of the Winnies I have looked at have a ceiling fan in the bedroom, but I don't know if it is 12V or 110V. The requirement would be for a fixed non-moveable fan mounting; you certainly don't want the thing rocking around while you are underway.

When Winnie puts the walls/roof sub-assemblies together, they use metal backing plates where something on the inside of the coach will be attached later (like cabinets, TV mounting brackets, etc.) I would be concerned about just screwing something into the ceiling for a variety of reasons (hitting wiring, not screwing into anything substantial.)

Getting power to it could be a little bit of an issue unless you surface mount the wiring.

We always liked to have a ceiling fan over our bed in the stick house, I wouldn't mind one in this coach at all.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 07:32 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I added a ceiling fan in my Itasca Suncruiser 38G and have had no problem. I had to change the switch out. A 12 volt fan will not work right with a dimmer switch. You can get the switch from you local dealer, it will probably have to be ordered.
JerryF101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 12:34 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

JerryF101, Welcome to the forum
Will look forward to more info from you thanks again, everyone helping each other out, is what makes this forum work. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 03:24 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Jerry,
Where did you install the fan? I have a 05 38J and when I talked to the folks at Winnebago, I was told a ceiling fan could not be installed in the bedroom due to the lack of clearance when the room comes in.
However, when I look at 06's, I see ceiling fans and fireplaces yet for some reason the 05's are unable to accomdate them.
Bob
Old 02-18-2006, 03:49 PM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

Higher ceilings in the 2006's...

2006 Adventurer site

From the site....
Step inside and you'll be amazed at the spaciousness created by the 7'2" interior ceiling height. New upgrades include SonyŽ televisions, full-extension drawer slides, an available washer-dryer and an easy-to-clean vinyl ceiling. The all-new 38T features dual slides, each 17'6" long, that expand to create a wide-open floorplan like no other.

The windows were a question earlier in a topic too....
To help keep you comfortable, standard dual-glazed windows provide increased thermal efficiency.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 04:12 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We added a fan in our bedroom and love it. We got ours from CW. It has a remote so all I did was replace the overhead 12v light with the fan. I can operate it from the bed without having to get up in the middle of the night to turn it on or off. I just leave the wall switch on.
If you will do a search on this site for ceiling fans you can read my entry and several comments from others.
Some said it was not effective, but we have been more than pleased with ours. Sometime when we are boondocked overnight and it is hot, the fan really makes it comfortable. It will run all night without draining your batteries unless they are weak to start with.

Good Luck.
SeaRay