Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-07-2006, 05:51 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">it does seem a bit noisy, especially compared to one in my stick house. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Likely due to two differences:
- Primarily because there is a lot less duct work between the return air vent and the fan that is sucking the air in.
- And some because you are lot closer to the return air vent than you normally are in your stick house.

The first time the front furnace kicked on in our coach the daughter and daughter-in-law were sitting on the couch right above the huge return air vent ...they nearly jumped out the door, thinking the couch was taking off I guess!
Old 06-03-2006, 02:46 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Trace, I don't know if you ever installed the lcd. I just installed one in 06 kd. I took a couple of photo's. I went with a 26 inch set, because it fits the compartment better. I mounted an upright piece of 3/4 in plywood with gray carpet on to the slide tray. It is supported with some L brackets. it just touches the back of the compartment when the tray is slid in. I used a swing out mount that extends 17 inches. Used it the other night and it works very good, however I had some electrical interferance on the tv screen. Haven't tackled that part yet.

06 Itasca 40' Horizon KD
Party Barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:09 AM   #23
Administrator Emeritus

I'll show you mine if you show me yours......

Mine sure is a lot of weight on the slideout,but certainly works great...

rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:35 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

How did you send your photo? I tried to reply to your email and send ours as an attachment, but it came back. This is the first time sending photos on this site.

THX

06 Itasca 40' Horizon KD
Old 06-04-2006, 02:10 PM   #25
Administrator Emeritus

To post photos,they must first be on the internet somewhere,I suggest our photo gallery would be a great place to upload your photos....The photo gallery requires joining a second time,but most folks simply use their existing iRV2 login and password...
When you have the photo on the net somewhere,simply right click on the photo and scroll to properties and then copy and paste that address into your post by pasting it in the box that appears when you click on the "picture" frame in the post a reply area...

Sorry I hijacked this thread,if you have any other questions, please PM me...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:51 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

ok, thanks. Wasn't sure how to do it. Will figure it out.

06 Itasca 40' Horizon KD
Old 06-04-2006, 04:44 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Just posted our pics of our lcd tv mount on the photo site.

06 Itasca 40' Horizon KD
Old 06-05-2006, 09:03 AM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the info and pictures. I ended up NOT doing this installation due to storage considerations. I also found that depending on the campsite, we may be completely turned around and the tv would then become useless. I opted to carry a smaller 17" LCD in my closet with some extra Coax/power cables. It has worked out wonderfully as I am able to move it to the best position possible, even carry it to a completely different campsite (as we did this past weekend). Even though the picture is smaller, it is more for background noise anyways. Otherwise, we wouldn't be camping right!! Thanks Again, these are great shots!!

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
BigTrace is offline   Reply With Quote