Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-06-2006, 08:10 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Does anyone have the dip switch settings for the Weather Pro awning ? Also looking for infomation on how to dissasemble and clean sensor.

2004 Adventurer 35U
Dick & Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:10 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Does anyone have the dip switch settings for the Weather Pro awning ? Also looking for infomation on how to dissasemble and clean sensor.

2004 Adventurer 35U
Old 02-06-2006, 09:37 AM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

Dick,try this....

WeatherPro online manual
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:21 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Dick and Carol, Do a search on this forum for your info. I have seen it awhile back but can't tell you for the life of me where it is. But, its here. There is a tremendous amount of information on the awning and closing prematurely etc.

Bob thanks for the link. You might be alright after all, I had to go to the coach and check to see if I had the strap and cableing in case of emergency and finally found out what that little package is for. Thanks for helping me after having had the coach for two years,,Jim
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:23 AM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

Jim,the thing that really bothers me is that,even though I have the electric "Weather Pro" awning,with the key fob remotes and the words "Weather Pro" all over everything,I only have a small control box in my compartment that has an "in and out" switch as well as a toggle switch to "enable/disable" the wind sensor.
My manual only addresses the box I have,but I wonder where the control box with the adjustable wind sensor got to....
John Canfield has an '05 Horizon with the same box that I have....Maybe Trace will have the newer version on his coach...
Old 02-06-2006, 12:02 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
Jim,the thing that really bothers me is that,even though I have the electric "Weather Pro" awning,with the key fob remotes and the words "Weather Pro" all over everything,I only have a small control box in my compartment that has an "in and out" switch as well as a toggle switch to "enable/disable" the wind sensor.
My manual only addresses the box I have,but I wonder where the control box with the adjustable wind sensor got to....
John Canfield has an '05 Horizon with the same box that I have....Maybe Trace will have the newer version on his coach... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I Doubt it. That is the same thing I had on my 2004 Discovery. It did, however, have a switch near the doorway to extend or retract the awning. The Oasis awning over the walk-in door also had a remote switch next to the one for the main awning. Do any of these exist or are they relying only on the remote?

ON EDIT: I have to add that my dealer said my coach is DONE!!. He's picking it up tomorrow and taking pictures for me!!

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
BigTrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:16 PM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BigTrace:
It did, however, have a switch near the doorway to extend or retract the awning. The Oasis awning over the walk-in door also had a remote switch next to the one for the main awning. Do any of these exist or are they relying only on the remote?

ON EDIT: I have to add that my dealer said my coach is DONE!!. He's picking it up tomorrow and taking pictures for me!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trace,everything sounds the same as you remember it....I have a rocker switch at the door that selects "which" awning,then another switch that brings them in and out. There's also an "in/out" switch in the compartment where the small control box is,as well as the key fob awning remote....

Your coach is finished....let the drooling begin!!
Old 02-06-2006, 07:38 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Bob, everything is in that one box, fuse and dip switches. I was told by A&E to let the dealer change the switches. At one time the power awnings were retracting too fast and the solution at first was to change the wind sensor and the box as one fix.
Then the dip switches came to light and to reset them was another fix..
Bob if you will check how your awning is attached to the coach at the aft end and tell me how many screws you have in the top of the arm...Thanks,,,Jim
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 03:28 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Not sure this is applicable to newer installations (mine is a 2004 Meridian) but this works for me:
Remove the 4 screws on the "Black Box"
On the circuit board is a module with little white DIP switches on it.
If all switches are off, the unit is set to react to an 18 mph wind.
Turn the power off to the Black Box.
#2 ON will add 3 mph to the 18 mph setting.
#3 ON will add 6 mph to the 18 mph setting.
2 & 4 ON will lower the setting 3 mph from 18 mph.
3 & 4 ON will lower the setting 6 mph from 18 mph.
Be sure the switches are completely FULL ON or FULL OFF (full up or full down), not in the middle.
Turn the power back on and see what happens.
I found that 2 & 4 ON and the rest OFF works for me.
RedT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:31 AM   #10
Administrator Emeritus

Jim,here's the aft end of my awning....

Old 02-07-2006, 04:49 AM   #11
Administrator Emeritus

As usual this forum comes through with some GREAT information....

THANKS to Red T for the wind sensor guide...
Old 02-08-2006, 10:20 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Not sure this is applicable to newer installations (mine is a 2004 Meridian) but this works for me:
Remove the 4 screws on the "Black Box"
On the circuit board is a module with little white DIP switches on it.
If all switches are off, the unit is set to react to an 18 mph wind.
Turn the power off to the Black Box.
#2 ON will add 3 mph to the 18 mph setting.
#3 ON will add 6 mph to the 18 mph setting.
2 & 4 ON will lower the setting 3 mph from 18 mph.
3 & 4 ON will lower the setting 6 mph from 18 mph.
Be sure the switches are completely FULL ON or FULL OFF (full up or full down), not in the middle.
Turn the power back on and see what happens.
I found that 2 & 4 ON and the rest OFF works for me.

Red T in Glendale, AZ -
'04 Itasca Meridian 36G
'02 Saturn Toad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks Red T this is what I was looking for
Dick and Carol

2004 Adventurer 35U
Old 02-08-2006, 02:03 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Red T:
Where did you get the info for the dip switch settings? When I was at the factory and mine was not working properly,(would only work with an air hose at 120 lbs of pressure shooting on the senor) they told me they would have to replace the sensor, control box and key fabs (which came as one unit). They said they did not know any adjustments to mine (2005 Vectra) which has only the disable switch on the box along with the open and close switch. The only other controls for the awnings is the door entry panel having a switch for both the patio and door awing and the key fabs. After the factory replaced everything it seem to work Ok, but the last time at the beach it did not seem to be responding to what I felt was 18 to 20 mph winds. Also, when you say kill power to the box, do you mean at the fuse or coach battery disconnect?

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
kenbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:35 PM   #14
Administrator Emeritus

Ken,if your box looks like mine,simply remove the four screws and the dip switches are right in the box....

Old 02-08-2006, 03:23 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

I got the info from the local "A&E Repair Station" shortly after I took delivery of my coach (in October 2003).

Be advised that your particular installation may be different. As with most electronics, yours may be a later "improved" version. Regarding to your remark about air pressure to activate the sensor, I don't really understand, since the sensor is a thermistor and reacts to a delta temp.
RedT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:48 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Thank you Bob and Red T...I found the dip switches. I was told by the factory that the sensor for the awning is activated by the air flow across the top and it pulling on plates that separate due to the vacuum caused by the air flow. So when they tested my they were using an air hose held approx 3' away from the sensor. Once they were within 1' it would go in, so they knew it was not sensitive enough and replaced it. I swithed my to your recommended setting of 15 mph because at the setting of 18 mph (all four dip switches in off position) it was not sensitive enough

kenbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:10 PM   #17
Administrator Emeritus

Will never forget the sound of that awning hitting the side of the coach in the middle of the night....We were awoken by the wind sensor apparently kicking in and rolling up the awning....What a wake up call...
Old 03-25-2007, 03:37 PM   #18
Winnebago Watcher

I am new to this forum. I did a search on Google for the WeatherPro awning wind sensor and found your group. After reading all the posts about the sensor and control box I thought I would ask this question. Have any of you ever had the control start beeping. The only way that I can get it to stop is to turn the unit off. I emailed Dometic and inquired about it and they told me that I would have to take the rig to an authorized dealer and have them fix it. No explanation as to what the problem might be. We have only used our awning maybe a dozen times and only once in what I would call a windy situation. It didn't retract on it's own so I retracted it myself to protect it. It was after that, that we heard the beeping. Not immediately but on the same trip. For the life of me I can't see where we did anything wrong and the roof top sensor is intact and not damaged from tree branches or such. The only thing that I can think of was that my wife got up on the roof and washed it down before we left for a month long trip. She said she did not directly aim the water into the sensor but there is the possibility that it got wet. I would think that it would be weather resistant being up on the roof. Has anybody heard of anything like this? I would really appreciate any help as the unit is now out of warranty.
Thanks, Ray.
p.s. I opened the control box and checked the fuse. It was ok. The dip switches were set as all down with the exception of number 2 which was up.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:27 PM   #19
Winnie-Wise

I'm having my WeatherPro awning vinyl replaced, as well as vinyls on three A&E awnings over my street-side windows. Cause: Rot & deterioration. Ain't cheap. Gonna cost about $900 at Camping World.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:47 PM   #20
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itchyfeet:
... Have any of you ever had the control start beeping. The only way that I can get it to stop is to turn the unit off... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our A&E WeatherPro automatic awning controller will beep if the wind sensor is turned on and the temperature is 30degF or below. It took me a while to track down where the beeping was coming from.

cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote