Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-26-2007, 05:29 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
Dick,try this....

WeatherPro online manual </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This manual is for the NEW model, not the model used in 2004.

For the older model......

In the black box in your outside curb side storage compartment there is 5 dip switches. When the unit is installed all 5 switches are off. If you leave switch 1&2 off and 3&4 on and 5 off will give your unit the most sensitive setting. (aprox 7-12 MPH winds) will close awning. You can play with it to find the best
setting for you. With all 5 in off setting is for winds of 14-18 MPH. Also be sure you have the switch located on the outside of black box on the end set to enable to make the system work.

All 5 switches OFF

1 OFF 2 OFF 3 ON 4 ON 5 OFF 7-12 MPH

1 OFF 2 OFF 3 OFF 4 OFF 5 OFF 14-18 MPH

I also would like to know about removing the wind sensor and cleaning it.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:45 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

We have been following this thread and looked at our dip switches an all are down. What does this mean? The wind does not retract our awing nor does it go in or out after 3 seconds on the switch rip & susie

Toad 2007 Nissan Xterra off road 6 speed 2 JRT'S Jack & Demi
itsrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:17 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itchyfeet:
Have any of you ever had the control start beeping. The only way that I can get it to stop is to turn the unit off. I emailed Dometic and inquired about it and they told me that I would have to take the rig to an authorized dealer and have them fix it. No explanation as to what the problem might be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine is currently beeping same as yours. My beeping is not cuased by low temperature. My awning manual states this beeping is caused by either a bad cable (looks like telephone wire) from the electronics box to the roof sensor OR the wind sensor on the roof is bad. I'm in FL and will look into this problem when returning home next week.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:30 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

YOUR NOT DINGHY TOWING THAT PRIUS ARE YOU??? THATS NOT A GOOD IDEA
Old 03-26-2007, 11:31 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> We have been following this thread and looked at our dip switches an all are down. What does this mean? The wind does not retract our awing nor does it go in or out after 3 seconds on the switch rip & susie </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All off - unit reacts to wind &gt; or = 18mph. As for it not working at the switch, check 15amp fuse inside the black box, verify that the switch on the backside of the black box is on, make sure the vehicle ignition is off, verify nothing is blocking the sensor, check for a tripped breaker.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:41 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Mine is currently beeping same as yours </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hopefully the problem is simply that something is blocking the airway to the sensing element.

I had this problem last year when snow was blocking it.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:27 PM   #27
Winnebago Watcher

Here is a oddball. I have an '03 Forest River Windsong. The roller on the awning has Two Step on it, but one of the arms has 'Weather Pro' on it. I have not been able to locate any type of power switch for this awning. Sounds like these may have been two awnings made into one?
AceClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:47 AM   #28
Winnebago Master

Do a search on the subject. Many threads and solutions on this awning. Good Luck
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 03:18 AM   #29
Winnebago Camper

There is, or was, an upgrade from Carefree that will fit a Dometic Weather Pro awning. Check Carefree Awnings to find out about it.

If your not the first owner of your coach apparently the previous owner did the upgrade.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:13 AM   #30
Winnebago Camper

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm glad Winnebago made the leap to Carefree in the '09s. The A&E Weather Pro's reliability has been spotty, at best. Our sensor hasn't worked properly since new. Again, that's what I hear from nearly every other Weather Pro owner.

Prior RVs: Avion travel trailer and Itasca Horizon class A
MarkCinCLT is offline   Reply With Quote