Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
GG1
Winnie-Wise

A&E One Step Motor

Has anyone replaced the motor on an a+e one step patio awning 02 vintage? If so is it a big project, ours stopped working suddenly as usual while on the road for a few weeks, seems like it should not be a big do it yourself job,,,,maybe.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

GG1...I have the same coach as you (02 Horizon 39QD)...I have not replaced it yet...Have you checked the fuse that is in the One Step panel in the first storage compartment passenger side...You can also extend and retract the slide from there...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #3
GG1
Winnie-Wise

I haven"t checked the fuse but when I press the extend button I hear a click at the motor. I figure if the motor clicks when the button is pushed voltage is getting to it. This is the first time in 8 years it has malfunctioned.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I have been looking but I am not googling the right thing I guess. But some place just recently I found a guide for replacing the motor in a closed position or in an open position. It did not seem very hard to me at all.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:25 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Give the motor the old rubber hammer trick to wake it up...Worth a try..
Old 10-10-2010, 06:28 PM   #6
GG1
Winnie-Wise

The rubber mallet did the trick. One whack to the front of the motor one whack to the side of the motor. So now what? Was it just a fluke or do I take it to a technician, or wait until it stops again? A new electric awning is 2k the motor for the one step is no longer available.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:12 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I would just wait until it happens again...Instructions came with mine to retract it manually in a pinch...If you need them, let me know...I would think someone could rebuild that motor ...New awning 2k...Bigger mallet 10 bucks