Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2014, 10:38 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

99 chieftain slide dragging on floor on one side

Is there some kind of plastic piece that will keep slide from rubbing on wood floor. Or is there an adjustment to be made.
wbrowning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:21 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

There could be several reasons why. Some slide systems use rollers at the cantilever end, some use nylon slide shoes, etc etc. Can you post a picture of the underside of your slide with it all the way out? This will help determine which slide unit you have and what could possibly be wrong.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:25 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I assume that the original floor was carpeted in the slide area ... and it has been replaced by a wooden floor.

If that is the case ... look under the slide to see if there is a "Teflon" glide ... or if it has been replaced by a "carpet" glide ...

If you have the Teflon glide then you have two choices ... replace it with a carpet glide (available from Winnebago ... or you can make your own) .... or there are some strips that you can put on your floor each time you bring your slides in that will protect your floor ...

if you have a carpet glide then you probably need to have your slide adjusted ... I think there are directions for doing that in the service tips on the Winnebago website ...

We replaced the carpet with vinyl tile in the past year ... that required that we replace the Teflon glide with a carpet glide ...

Journey carpet replacement
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 05:27 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Here is a pic of slide it is a HWH it came with wood floor from factory
Old 08-05-2014, 05:40 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

SkiGramp what kind of tile did you install does it have glue backing.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:41 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I'm wanting to take carpet out also
Old 08-06-2014, 09:25 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I hired the tile installed. The tile themselves do not have adhesive on them. The installer applied adhesive to the floor before laying the tile.

In the second picture of my "how we did it post" ... you can see the boxes of tile piled up beside the black bucket ... I think it is called Adura ...
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide