Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2014, 08:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

42E Bed Interlock switch

I know i read here someone had jumped the interlock switches on the retracting bed. I wonder where those switches are under the bed. We do stop for a quick sleep when in route. The bed will only flatten out with both slides out. If the switches are jumped only the DS rear needs to be out to lay the bed down.

Any info would be great.

Thanks,
Rich
XBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:19 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I have an Ellipse and I bypassed the switches. There were two, one back behind the lower right side of the headboard and the other under the bed near the back on the left.

Scott
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 03:54 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I think I found one at the foot end of the left rail. It's a push button switch I will have to try and find the right one at the head end of the rail. You just jumped the switches with success ?
Old 10-10-2014, 08:48 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBoater View Post
I think I found one at the foot end of the left rail. It's a push button switch I will have to try and find the right one at the head end of the rail. You just jumped the switches with success ?

Yep, I just took out the switch and connected the two wires together. And the same on the other switch. No problems, been like that for about a year. Just double check to make sure the bed is all the way up prior to bringing in the slides.

Scott
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:33 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Is it one switch for each side?
jrobnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:38 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Jumped these switches last night. While the left one was easy to find, the right one is very hard to get at. There is little room between the bed platform and the wall. I was able to get the connectors off, but don't think they will be going back on without removing the mattress and some bed pieces.

Thanks for the help, now I can use the bed and only put out the bedroom slide.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:07 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Interesting. Did you check to see which switch controlled what? I'm just wondering if you really need to short both.

Cliff
Old 10-20-2014, 08:01 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I jumped the left switch first as it was easy to get at and jump the connections. No go, bed down slides no move. I imagine both switches are wired in series so both need to be closed to allows the slides to work.

It is very helpful for us, just put out the rear BR slide to get the bed down.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:16 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

I just checked my 2013 42E and it works if only the bedroom slide is out. Maybe they changed something in the 2014?? The bottom left switch tells the system the slide is out. The top switch tells the system the bed is fully retracted (in the upright position). I thought the left switch allowed the bed to come down (when the slide was out) and the right switch allowed the slide to come in (when the bed was fully retracted)?? I don't know of any connection with the other slides but I cannot find a wiring diagram.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:16 AM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Itasca/winnebago,rear radiator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBoater View Post
I know i read here someone had jumped the interlock switches on the retracting bed. I wonder where those switches are under the bed. We do stop for a quick sleep when in route. The bed will only flatten out with both slides out. If the switches are jumped only the DS rear needs to be out to lay the bed down.

Any info would be great.

Thanks,
Rich

My dw and I were looking at the Itasca ellipse 2015,but I did't like the rear radiator.I would appreciate you comments on that.I always check engine,belts,accessories,as a preflite inspection.and found it impossible with no rear access.Comments please,I am back to consider the Tour?ellipse.
Ray Stooksbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:56 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Kind of off topic for bed interlock switches, but yes, it is difficult to check belts, etc. with the setup with the Radiator in the rear. You have some access via the DS rear bay door, and you can get underneath (which commecial drivers are expected to do during their preflight per state regs). But there is also an access panel on top of the engine underneath the mat in the rear bathroom that will probably give you what you want.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:44 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Mine works with only the bed slide out.
jrobnett is offline   Reply With Quote