Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-17-2016, 10:42 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

36Z full wall slide issues?

Hi everyone!

I was hoping someone with this model could chime in re. the performance of the full wall slide on this model. I really like the floor plan, but I see the curb-side slide holds a lot of weight (basically the whole kitchen including the residential fridge!), so I'm concerned about issues with it. If you have this model I would like to hear how it's been working for you. This coach is at the very top of my "short list" so I'm hoping Winnebago didn't cut corners and got it right.
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:33 PM   #2
aa1ssradio

We have a different model with the full wall slide and have had no issues with it whatsoever.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:07 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to ed rzepka
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishinRVr View Post
Hi everyone!

I was hoping someone with this model could chime in re. the performance of the full wall slide on this model. I really like the floor plan, but I see the curb-side slide holds a lot of weight (basically the whole kitchen including the residential fridge!), so I'm concerned about issues with it. If you have this model I would like to hear how it's been working for you. This coach is at the very top of my "short list" so I'm hoping Winnebago didn't cut corners and got it right.
Are you looking at a 2016 or something older?
ed rzepka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:13 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I have a Forza 36G with a full wall slide including the kitchen and bedroom dresser. No issue whatsoever. The slide does not go out as far as the bedroom and living room slides on the passenger side. So far no issue.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:00 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

If that model has the "Schwintech" slide system. I would think a again. On the full wall slides it is not if the will fail it is when. Just had to,replace mine 2 1/2 years and just under 30,000 miles. I had been careful to level before extending and lubed religiously. Pricy out of warranty to,replace.
Old 01-19-2016, 02:18 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to ed rzepka
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppopc View Post
If that model has the "Schwintech" slide system. I would think a again. On the full wall slides it is not if the will fail it is when. Just had to,replace mine 2 1/2 years and just under 30,000 miles. I had been careful to level before extending and lubed religiously. Pricy out of warranty to,replace.
ed rzepka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 02:48 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed rzepka View Post
Are you looking at a 2016 or something older?
I'm looking at a new 2016.
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 06:49 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishinRVr View Post
I'm looking at a new 2016.
Don't let the slide scare you away, everything may have a problem at some point. Mine did, was wrong from factory, like many. It was fixed and works perfectly now.

Tags
slide