Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2018, 06:02 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

34' Chevy Workhorse Motor Oil Cooler / Line leak ~

1500 miles on our new to us rig. In Gulf Shores Alabama I noticed an oil drip on the drivers side after visiting mom.

Checked the oil & she was down a quart took her to Walmart & threw my creeper under her & found what appears to be the source of the leak (pictured)

It appears to be coming from where the motor oil cooler lines bolt to the oil cooler up front.

I checked the bolt & she was plenty tight.

Went inside & bought 2 gallons of Synth & got her back to FL peeing out about 2+. quarts while checking every 100 miles.

My next step (guess) is that there are o-rings under the mounting boss & one took a dump?

or

The aluminum boss itself is cracked?

Q: Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oil_Cooler_Leak.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	233.8 KB
ID:	169703  
Low_Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags