Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-15-2019, 07:05 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2019 outlook bedroom tv mount

Hi all,

l want to mount a tv to the wall in the bedroom (bathroom) wall.
Its factory wired but where is there backing to screw a tv tilt mount?
What depth screw?

Thanks!
Jeff
jeffremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 03:56 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Many exterior RV walls are made using 2" X 2" studs. Interior walls are often 1.25" X 1.25" studs spaced at 12" if my bedroom wall with the bathroom is any indication.

The wall board is only 1/8" thick so you can push your hand on the wall and feel where the studs are. Then, put small marks in what you believe are the centers of the studs and use 1" screws to attach the TV arm. But use 8-32 sized hardware so as to not split the stud. You can always use a small drill bit down low close to the floor to verify the stud.

If you don't feel comfortable hanging the TV bracket and TV on the studs with just 4 screws, you also could add a couple long 1" wide AL flat stock along the stud and screw them to the studs in several places to give extra strength. Then bolt the TV bracket to that.

I imagine other ideas will come pouring in so you should have plenty of ideas by nightfall.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 07:01 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Jim,
I found that there is a header board that runs the length of the wall from the roof down about 12". The shower and towel holders in the bathroom are screwed to that.

I pre drilled and ran screws into that. Works great. The screws need to be less than 1" so they don't push on the shower wall. I also ground the points of the screws down just to be safe..
Old 10-27-2019, 09:25 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

A call to Winnebago Tech Support should have gotten you a detailed drawing showing exactly where to mount the bracket along with what screws to use. Winnebago usually puts steel plates in the sidewalls expressly for mounting Appliances and TV's so they should be the ones to call first to verify where these are located and to ensure that there are no power lines located where you want to mount something.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:03 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Neil,
What is the phone number for tech support?

Jeff
Old 10-27-2019, 10:10 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

We visited the Winnebago plant in Forest City this fall and watched the Class A and C wall assembly line for quite a while. There were no studs per se. Once the exterior fiberglass wall is laid down and the Styrofoam layer is glued to it, it goes to the next station were a laser projected from the plant ceiling projects lines exactly where metal strips for anchoring cabinets, wall mounts, etc., are to be laid out according to the specifications of the specific rig the wall is being built for. More glue is sprayed on, then the wall section goes to the next station where the interior panels are laid on. After that the entire assembly goes through a set of large rollers that presses everything together.

Didn't see most of the rest of the assembly line but judging from my 27Q the interior walls do appear to be framed with 2 x 2s or 1 x 2s.

I highly recommend that factor tour. It is really interesting and informative.
Old 06-08-2020, 07:36 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Just bought a Outlook 22c and want to also mount a TV the bedroom. Wondering if you were able to do so, and have any suggestions/photos to share. Thanks.
Bobpco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:56 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I found that there is a header board that runs the length of the wall from the roof down about 12". The shower and towel holders in the bathroom are screwed to that.

I pre drilled and ran screws into that. Works great. The screws need to be less than 1" so they don't push on the shower wall. I also ground the points of the screws down just to be safe.