Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2018, 05:36 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2018 27pe Dash A/C unit

My new 2018 27PE Winnebago blows hot air from the dash a/c unit all the time. When you turn on the a/c compressor, it runs but still no cold air. I can't even get just cool outside air???? Anyone have this issue? I hope I can fix it myself and not have to take it to CW for repairs.
stingray496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:14 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Since it is a 2018 model, must still be under warranty. I'd have it fixed under that. Your dash air is simply automotive air and can be repaired by any auto air shop willing to take on an RV. And deal with the warranty paper shuffle.

Sounds like you have lost refrigerant.

Fair Winds and Following Seas.
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 10:46 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray496 View Post
My new 2018 27PE Winnebago blows hot air from the dash a/c unit all the time. When you turn on the a/c compressor, it runs but still no cold air. I can't even get just cool outside air???? Anyone have this issue? I hope I can fix it myself and not have to take it to CW for repairs.
stingray496,
I had maybe a similar issue. 2011 Itasca Sunstar, so F53 chassis. If when you have the dash a/c turned on, if one of the a/c lines under the hood gets cold, then perhaps you may have the problem I found. The a/c line (on mine) I am talking about is on the left side of the engine compartment just to the right of the Tempcon labeled plastic cover. The issue on mine was the blower hose had come off of the hvac diverter box. I would be happy to explain further if interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC Line.png
Views:	85
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	173344  
f53Challenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:23 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Not looked at a newer dash air in a long time but it was common at one point for hot air to blow all the time when a valve or flap was not moved correctly by the controls. This can sometimes just be a stuck flap in the airflow. Vacuum lines slipping off used to be a common cause but not looked at new ones in long time as they have not been near the problem.
One way to do a brief check is to feel the airflow as you move the controls from heat to AC to defrost and if there is no noticeable change, suspect airflow problems. Also there is a valve in lots of units which should close off the hot water flowing through the heater core which may be stuck. This can leave the AC unit working but just not able to overcome the heater working full time.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash