Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

Jeffrey, I have an unrelated question for you. Did you get a toolkit with your coach? I feel that I am missing the tools required for a emergency room retraction. If so please provide me with any information you can. It would be great if you had a part number for me!

Thanks,
Rick
Old 09-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Sorry Jeffery. It looks like the pictures didn't post.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjeffrey View Post
We are still waiting for an answer after having our roof ridge evaluated (and your description sounds very similar to ours.)

We are in Texas now but reported the issue a while back while in Florida so we don't have an answer yet.
We now have a date to have our roof re-evaluated, but not until December when we are back in Florida.

The dealer has pictures from January and again in July (when we reported it) and that was enough to have them (Winnebago) want to have it inspected again, in person. Not saying that it is getting worse, but not saying it didn't.

Depending on the lighting, it can be very obvious, i.e. longer shadows from ridge. Camera photos really don't capture it since it is white ridge on white roof, but you can feel it too.

We have never had any indication of roof leaking, but since we are not the only ones seeing this ridge, there must be more to the story.
mjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post

Are you experiencing any triple digit heat? How are the AC units doing?

Rick
Yes we have had many 100+ temperature days in our 40U.

All 3 air conditioners are pumping hard most of the day. Due to the dark full-body paint and no shade we can even fall behind, meaning that the ACs can't reach the temperature set point at all- and the interior temps stay above the set points until later in the day.

Our typical temp setting is 80 during the day when we are home. A small fan blowing on you helps a lot!

With 3 ACs and only 2 zones we can play with the set points to make 3 run, 2 run or only 1 run, depending on our desires.

Sometimes it is just quieter to have the other zone running since it is a common duct system.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Jeffrey, I have an unrelated question for you. Did you get a toolkit with your coach? I feel that I am missing the tools required for a emergency room retraction. If so please provide me with any information you can. It would be great if you had a part number for me!

Thanks,
Rick
Our Winnebago books describe a process for retracting the room slides manually , but I fail to see how it is possible as the nut you would have to manually turn is or can be inaccessible depending on the slide position.

With the larger slides you would (theoretically) have to move one side a little and then the other side and so on until fully closed.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjeffrey View Post
Yes we have had many 100+ temperature days in our 40U.

All 3 air conditioners are pumping hard most of the day. Due to the dark full-body paint and no shade we can even fall behind, meaning that the ACs can't reach the temperature set point at all- and the interior temps stay above the set points until later in the day.

Our typical temp setting is 80 during the day when we are home. A small fan blowing on you helps a lot!

With 3 ACs and only 2 zones we can play with the set points to make 3 run, 2 run or only 1 run, depending on our desires.

Sometimes it is just quieter to have the other zone running since it is a common duct system.
In the worst heat (and when it is really cold), we often only open one of the 2 large forward slides. That is enough room for us most of the time anyway.

We also have the choice to open only one of the 2 smaller rear slides.

This reduces our surface area and air volume and that really does help!!

Rigs with full-wall-slides won't have that flexibility of 4 slides in or out.

Tags
itasca, roof