Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-08-2014, 03:14 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 18
2009 34Y Euro Chair Question

So far, we love this RV, but it gets a little tight when traveling down the road.
Ours has the outside TV, so the euro chair is almost touching the trash can door when the slides are in. I am thinking of moving the chair when we travel, but don't know where to put it. I have turned it sideways, tilted it, and no extra room. I have also removed the fixed dining chairs, and put them in storage, and just use the 2 folding chairs. They fold and lay on the floor under the bed for travel.
But we love that euro chair and it is just in the way. The foot stool rides on top of the bed for travel.
Advice?
Thanks.
__________________
2009 Journey 34Y "350" hp Cummins
2005 GMC K3500 duramax/allison dually
2004 Wrangler Unlimited w/401 AMC V-8
RickyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:20 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise
 
aauummm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Altoona, Iowa
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
So far, we love this RV, but it gets a little tight when traveling down the road.
Ours has the outside TV, so the euro chair is almost touching the trash can door when the slides are in. I am thinking of moving the chair when we travel, but don't know where to put it. I have turned it sideways, tilted it, and no extra room. I have also removed the fixed dining chairs, and put them in storage, and just use the 2 folding chairs. They fold and lay on the floor under the bed for travel.
But we love that euro chair and it is just in the way. The foot stool rides on top of the bed for travel.
Advice?
Thanks.
You've tried putting the Euro at one side of the dining table? That's about the only option that I can see except putting it on top of the MH.

EDIT: Never mind, I can see from pictures that the Euro chair is too wide to go on the side of the dining table.

Our 33C has the same floorplan as the 34Y except for a couple of items. We don't have the outside TV so that gives extra room between the Euro chair and the kitchen cabinet. That gives us enough room to get through while traveling. Also, our slideout with the sofa-Euro is about a foot deeper than the 34Y slideout which gives us an extra foot between the sofa and dining table when the slides are out.

I've been thinking about getting a 2009 34Y for a couple of years now but I may have to rethink that! I hadn't realized the tightness of that spot until you brought it up.

Used 2009 Winnebago Journey 34Y Motor Home Class A - Diesel at Lichtsinn Motors Forest City Iowa Lichtsinn Motors
__________________
2010 Itasca Sunova 33C (a lot of modifications)
2004 Jeep Rubicon, 34K miles (highly modified)
Three cats and the wife
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:36 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 18
Don't let that one thing distract you from getting the 34Y, so far, we are happy with ours.. HUGE difference between our '01 36 Journey and this.
My only REAL complaint is the power difference between my old Cat 330 vs the Cummins "350". I put that in quotes, because there is absolutely no way it is near the power of my 330 . Torque is the only thing these companies should be advertising... Fortunately, we chose the '09, and the transmission is stronger, so I intend to do something with the power issue.

I'll sacrifice the chair issue any day to have the entertainment outside. Looks like the people who owned ours checked every box on the options list. The one in your post is similar. They are hard to find and since they are the last year before DEF and have a stronger tranny, they may hold their value a tidbit longer???? I like the basement A/C too.
Good luck with your search..
Still looking for suggestions on the chair....................
__________________
2009 Journey 34Y "350" hp Cummins
2005 GMC K3500 duramax/allison dually
2004 Wrangler Unlimited w/401 AMC V-8
RickyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:46 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner
 
Luckiest Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 123
Are you using the couch while traveling? Wrap it in a blanket and turn it on it's back on top of the couch. A strap may or may not be needed for security.
__________________
Larry B, Luckiest Dreamer
Luckiest Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:53 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckiest Dreamer View Post
Are you using the couch while traveling? Wrap it in a blanket and turn it on it's back on top of the couch. A strap may or may not be needed for security.
That might work..
It should be comfortable riding on the couch, think it will be cold, a blanket??? Maybe I could have some cool refreshments and snacks for it too....

Thanks
__________________
2009 Journey 34Y "350" hp Cummins
2005 GMC K3500 duramax/allison dually
2004 Wrangler Unlimited w/401 AMC V-8
RickyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:19 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise
 
aauummm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Altoona, Iowa
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
Don't let that one thing distract you from getting the 34Y, so far, we are happy with ours.. HUGE difference between our '01 36 Journey and this.
My only REAL complaint is the power difference between my old Cat 330 vs the Cummins "350". I put that in quotes, because there is absolutely no way it is near the power of my 330 . Torque is the only thing these companies should be advertising... Fortunately, we chose the '09, and the transmission is stronger, so I intend to do something with the power issue.

I'll sacrifice the chair issue any day to have the entertainment outside. Looks like the people who owned ours checked every box on the options list. The one in your post is similar. They are hard to find and since they are the last year before DEF and have a stronger tranny, they may hold their value a tidbit longer???? I like the basement A/C too.
Good luck with your search..
Still looking for suggestions on the chair....................
Shucks, that "350" was the main reason I was looking at the '09 34Y. In 2010 they went to the "340" with a much lower torque rating. In some reviews of the '09 that I have read they raved about the pulling power of the "350" in the 34Y. Something must be wrong. That "350" is supposed to have 750 ft-lbs of torque which would be pretty good for that weight of coach.
__________________
2010 Itasca Sunova 33C (a lot of modifications)
2004 Jeep Rubicon, 34K miles (highly modified)
Three cats and the wife
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6
We recently purchased a used 09 34y and have found the power to be very good. We also tow a 4 door jeep rubicon and have no problems climbing any of the hills we have been over and we do live out west. I have found that 4 th gear will pull most any big hill at a speed of around 55 with no problem. It will actually go faster but do not want to rev any more than needed. It seems the 6.7 likes to rev more than some of the other larger diesels I have owned. To date my fuel mileage has been averaging 9 - 10, depending on terrain, weather conditions and we usually drive between 60 - 65. We did recently downsize to this coach from a much larger 42 foot'r with the 425 isl motor. Seat of the pants I cannot tell any real difference in power but do enjoy the increased fuel economy and maneuverability.

So far we love the coach but have also experienced the problem mentioned with the chair. It has not been a huge deal for us but would be nice to find a better place to store the chair when traveling, maybe on the bed might work ok.
lclewis49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:05 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 18
Just got back from our first real trip. The chair really isn't a problem for us, it actually keeps the dog from wandering around.
As far as the power issue goes, I must have had a hotrod for an RV before, because pulling my jeep (on the trailer) now is a task. Like it was said before higher revs seem to help, but prefer to keep lower also.
A few hills we lost speed, but I am learning how to drive this one, and will get used to it quickly. OR, just find someone to put a bigger engine in it.
As far as the size, amenities and usefulness, we love this floor plan and model.
Funny, but we saw the exact twin on I-95 yesterday...
Maybe they will chime in..

p.s. anyone have a suggestion on how to put up those awning globes on this awning? I guess, it may be a bad idea with the auto wind, they probably won't agree with each other..
__________________
2009 Journey 34Y "350" hp Cummins
2005 GMC K3500 duramax/allison dually
2004 Wrangler Unlimited w/401 AMC V-8
RickyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:19 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper
 
jengle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 19
Good point about the auto-wind and lights. We have an '08 Journey (new to us) and noticed that in dead calm the awning will retract on it's own.
__________________
Jengle
Trippin' With The Engles
http://www.RVBuiltForTwo.Com
jengle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Barrel chair or a Euro Chair with foot stool ct78barnes General Maintenance and Repair 12 03-19-2011 07:20 AM
Euro Chair from Winnebago? bellsharbor General Maintenance and Repair 10 09-05-2010 09:19 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Winnebago Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.