Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2007, 05:58 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

A 32' Vista bunk model, a full wall slide Voyage... lots is new for 2008:

(I'm sure this release will hit the real news sources soon...)

Winnebago Industries Introduces Exciting New 2008 Motor Homes at Dealer Days Event in Las Vegas

FOREST CITY, Iowa--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Winnebago Industries, Inc. (NYSE:WGO), unveiled its exciting, new 2008 Winnebago® and Itasca® brand motor homes during the Company's Dealer Days event held May 14-16, 2007, at The Mirage in Las Vegas, Nev. With a theme of "Dialed In,"¯ Winnebago Industries introduced a lineup featuring 25 model lines and 93 floorplans, 49 percent of which are new or redesigned for 2008.

"Winnebago Industries was able to demonstrate to our dealers how we're "dialed in"¯ to RVers wants and needs with our 2008 motor home lineup,"¯ said Winnebago Industries Chairman of the Board and CEO Bruce Hertzke. "We listened to what our RV owners and customers are looking for in a motor home and responded with a terrific 2008 lineup, particularly strengthening our diesel motor home offerings."¯

"I am very impressed with the new Winnebago Vectra and Itasca Horizon, as well as the Winnebago Tour and Itasca Ellipse on the new Maxum chassis,"¯ said Sharon Padley, Product Manager of Lazy Days RV Center, Seffner, Fla. "I was even more impressed with the beautiful interiors throughout the entire product line; it's the best I've seen in years."¯

Winnebago Industries' Class A diesel models, the Winnebago Vectra and Tour, and Itasca Horizon and Ellipse, feature a new Maxum™ chassis. Winnebago Industries' engineers worked closely with Freightliner Custom Chassis to develop this revolutionary new XCL chassis and further enhanced it with Winnebago Industries' SuperStructure™ to form a true semi-monocoque design. The chassis features a lowered rail design that creates a stronger chassis configuration, a lower center of gravity, and incorporates an industry-leading 60 degree wheel cut for improved handling and performance. The new Maxum chassis also features unparalleled storage with pass-through storage accessibility and up to 220 cubic feet of storage available.

The Winnebago Tour and Itasca Ellipse feature the 32,350-lb. GVWR Maxum chassis with a 400 hp ISL Cummins diesel engine and a new 40WD floorplan. The new 40WD joins the 40TD, 40FD and 40KD models for a spectacular lineup of this innovative diesel product.

The premium Winnebago Vectra and Itasca Horizon are built on the 34,320-lb. GVWR Maxum chassis with a 425 hp ISL Cummins diesel engine and feature three luxurious floorplans for 2008. New features include an optional 60-inch slideout tray in the basement storage area with built-in drawers that extend with the tray, side-hinged compartment doors, high definition LCD TVs and optional dining and living modules so you can customize the RV to your specifications.

The Winnebago Journey and Itasca Meridian were totally redesigned and also include a new 29,410-lb. GVWR Freightliner chassis that features a 350 hp Cummins engine and six-speed transmission for 2008. Two new floorplans were also unveiled – the 37H and 39Z.

The Winnebago Destination and Itasca Latitude are brand new for 2008 and are available in two chassis configurations – a standard Workhorse UFO rear engine gas chassis or an optional Freightliner rear engine diesel chassis. The Destination and Latitude feature beautiful curved cabinetry, innovative interior styling, a new automotive-styled dash, an integrated entertainment center with a 30-inch high definition TV, deluxe full-body paint and a one-piece windshield with radial arm wiper system.

Highlighting Winnebago Industries' Class A gas offerings is a redesigned Winnebago Voyage and Itasca Sunrise. The new 32H model features a new full-wall slide measuring 23 feet, 8 inches and extends the lounge, galley and wardrobe with chest of drawers in the bedroom. The 32H also features new basement construction with rotocast compartments and a thicker floor with integrated furnace plenum.

Available in five floorplans, the Winnebago Sightseer and Itasca Sunova were also redesigned for 2008 and feature significant upgrades including new front and rear cap designs and beautiful curved cabinetry.

The 2008 Winnebago Vista and Itasca Sunstar unveiled a family-friendly 32K model with bunk beds opposite the bathroom, a rear queen bed and a new wrap-around style dinette opposite a sofa/bed in the front of the motor home.

The highly popular Winnebago View and Itasca Navion feature a new, heavier GVWR Dodge Sprinter chassis in 2008 – 11,030 lb. versus 10,200 lb. in 2007 – and a more powerful 3.0L V6 Mercedes Benz diesel engine – up from a 2.7-liter 5-cylinder diesel engine in 2007. A new 3.5L V6 gasoline powered engine is also optional for 2008.

Also at the Dealer Days event, Winnebago Industries honored 162 of its dealers who achieved the prestigious Circle of Excellence status. Since 1986, the Circle of Excellence award has been given to select Winnebago Industries dealers in recognition of their excellence in buyer satisfaction. In addition, the Company recognized its top-selling dealers by brand and region of the country, as well as those with the highest market share for Winnebago Industries' products

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:58 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

A 32' Vista bunk model, a full wall slide Voyage... lots is new for 2008:

(I'm sure this release will hit the real news sources soon...)

Winnebago Industries Introduces Exciting New 2008 Motor Homes at Dealer Days Event in Las Vegas

FOREST CITY, Iowa--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Winnebago Industries, Inc. (NYSE:WGO), unveiled its exciting, new 2008 Winnebago® and Itasca® brand motor homes during the Company's Dealer Days event held May 14-16, 2007, at The Mirage in Las Vegas, Nev. With a theme of "Dialed In,"¯ Winnebago Industries introduced a lineup featuring 25 model lines and 93 floorplans, 49 percent of which are new or redesigned for 2008.

"Winnebago Industries was able to demonstrate to our dealers how we're "dialed in"¯ to RVers wants and needs with our 2008 motor home lineup,"¯ said Winnebago Industries Chairman of the Board and CEO Bruce Hertzke. "We listened to what our RV owners and customers are looking for in a motor home and responded with a terrific 2008 lineup, particularly strengthening our diesel motor home offerings."¯

"I am very impressed with the new Winnebago Vectra and Itasca Horizon, as well as the Winnebago Tour and Itasca Ellipse on the new Maxum chassis,"¯ said Sharon Padley, Product Manager of Lazy Days RV Center, Seffner, Fla. "I was even more impressed with the beautiful interiors throughout the entire product line; it's the best I've seen in years."¯

Winnebago Industries' Class A diesel models, the Winnebago Vectra and Tour, and Itasca Horizon and Ellipse, feature a new Maxum™ chassis. Winnebago Industries' engineers worked closely with Freightliner Custom Chassis to develop this revolutionary new XCL chassis and further enhanced it with Winnebago Industries' SuperStructure™ to form a true semi-monocoque design. The chassis features a lowered rail design that creates a stronger chassis configuration, a lower center of gravity, and incorporates an industry-leading 60 degree wheel cut for improved handling and performance. The new Maxum chassis also features unparalleled storage with pass-through storage accessibility and up to 220 cubic feet of storage available.

The Winnebago Tour and Itasca Ellipse feature the 32,350-lb. GVWR Maxum chassis with a 400 hp ISL Cummins diesel engine and a new 40WD floorplan. The new 40WD joins the 40TD, 40FD and 40KD models for a spectacular lineup of this innovative diesel product.

The premium Winnebago Vectra and Itasca Horizon are built on the 34,320-lb. GVWR Maxum chassis with a 425 hp ISL Cummins diesel engine and feature three luxurious floorplans for 2008. New features include an optional 60-inch slideout tray in the basement storage area with built-in drawers that extend with the tray, side-hinged compartment doors, high definition LCD TVs and optional dining and living modules so you can customize the RV to your specifications.

The Winnebago Journey and Itasca Meridian were totally redesigned and also include a new 29,410-lb. GVWR Freightliner chassis that features a 350 hp Cummins engine and six-speed transmission for 2008. Two new floorplans were also unveiled – the 37H and 39Z.

The Winnebago Destination and Itasca Latitude are brand new for 2008 and are available in two chassis configurations – a standard Workhorse UFO rear engine gas chassis or an optional Freightliner rear engine diesel chassis. The Destination and Latitude feature beautiful curved cabinetry, innovative interior styling, a new automotive-styled dash, an integrated entertainment center with a 30-inch high definition TV, deluxe full-body paint and a one-piece windshield with radial arm wiper system.

Highlighting Winnebago Industries' Class A gas offerings is a redesigned Winnebago Voyage and Itasca Sunrise. The new 32H model features a new full-wall slide measuring 23 feet, 8 inches and extends the lounge, galley and wardrobe with chest of drawers in the bedroom. The 32H also features new basement construction with rotocast compartments and a thicker floor with integrated furnace plenum.

Available in five floorplans, the Winnebago Sightseer and Itasca Sunova were also redesigned for 2008 and feature significant upgrades including new front and rear cap designs and beautiful curved cabinetry.

The 2008 Winnebago Vista and Itasca Sunstar unveiled a family-friendly 32K model with bunk beds opposite the bathroom, a rear queen bed and a new wrap-around style dinette opposite a sofa/bed in the front of the motor home.

The highly popular Winnebago View and Itasca Navion feature a new, heavier GVWR Dodge Sprinter chassis in 2008 – 11,030 lb. versus 10,200 lb. in 2007 – and a more powerful 3.0L V6 Mercedes Benz diesel engine – up from a 2.7-liter 5-cylinder diesel engine in 2007. A new 3.5L V6 gasoline powered engine is also optional for 2008.

Also at the Dealer Days event, Winnebago Industries honored 162 of its dealers who achieved the prestigious Circle of Excellence status. Since 1986, the Circle of Excellence award has been given to select Winnebago Industries dealers in recognition of their excellence in buyer satisfaction. In addition, the Company recognized its top-selling dealers by brand and region of the country, as well as those with the highest market share for Winnebago Industries' products

Old 05-22-2007, 09:48 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I am kind of excited to see these new models, but nothing yet on their website about the Journey, Tour and Vectra.
boulderado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:51 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I'd be excited but my wife told me not to even think about looking at the website LOL
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:10 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I'm not sure I wanna look...

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:53 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Happiness is being content with what you have.

My Mom used to say .. "*** in one hand and wish in the other and see which one gets full first."

It always nice to dream.
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:50 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Hope that's the hand full of wishes you're shaking hands with in your avatar!!
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:22 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

That was a real nice write up. I hope that they all will be on display at the GNR and I will be able to see them then.

I am very content with what I have but love to drool over the new ones.
Retirement is coming and you never know. I might get lucky.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:12 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
I was at a WIT rally last week where the dealer general managers who attended had just been to the rollout in Las Vegas. They were quite excited about the new Journey/Meridian. Not so much the "changes" in Vectra/Horizon. They expect the priced tag for a Vectra to jump about $35K over last year ($15K of that is new diesel emissions requirements).

One thing that's bugging me is this supposedly new Maxum (FL designation XC-L) chassis for the Tour/Elipse and Vectra/Horizon. The GVWR is exactly the same as the Evolution chassis. The only technical difference I've been able to isolate is the Cummins ISL being up-rated to 425hp and 1260lbs torque. It may be the frame rails are lower (re: the statement of lower center of gravity) which if true should have an interesting effect on basement options. But without more CCC (i.e. a tag axle) the Tour is still a better choice for full timing as it has 900lbs higher CCC than a comparably equipped Vectra.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 04:39 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Found this writeup on the 2008 Itasca Sunrise:

2008 Sunrise 32H

Just one new floorplan for the Voyage, the full wall slide 32H.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:34 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Lichtsinn has a 2008 Voyage 32H in stock.

32H at Lichtsinn

It's definitely different than the other full wall slides that are out there so far. Have to see it in person to get a real feel for it though.

Old 06-08-2007, 06:01 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tderonne:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was looking at a Destination yesterday and was surprised that the units did not have pass through basement storage on the forward compartments. I guess I presumed that when the driveshaft was eliminated the storage units would memic DP units. Did I miss something?

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:24 AM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Lattitude/Destination is positioned lower in the market and therefore the design and materials used will be lower too. The diesel version rides on the same Freightliner XC chassis as the '04-'07 Journey/Meridian whid also do not have pass through storage. In fact I don't even think Tour/Ellipse has pass thorugh storage. I think you have to go all the way up to Vectra/Horizon for that and then it's limited depending on the floorplan because the Winnebago design make the storage bays part of the slide outs instead of attached to the frame "to make them more accessible".

You'll also notice on the Lattitude/Destination the storage bays are just large plastic bins versus being finished in some manner (i.e. carpet).

Old 06-11-2007, 06:15 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Has anyone seen the 2008 Journey yet? It is not on the Winnebago website as of today.

-----
boulderado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:40 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

I forget if it was here or elsewheres that I mentioned that Harrison RV has some info on a Journey 39Z.

Journey 39Z

But, not much info there. My local dealer says there are two new floorplans, but that the Journey has been delayed until December.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:18 PM   #16
Winnie-Wise

I got a brief look at a 2008 Journey dealer book this afternoon. To my eye there's nothing outwardly different in external appearance compared to 2007. There are only 3 exterior/interior color choices, none of which appeal to me. For sure one of the new floor plans is 39TD similar to the TD floor plan in the other class A DP's last year.

One possible reason for a delay for the Journey and probably a lot of other 2008 Winnebago/Itasca diesel pusher models is a lack of supply of Freightliner chassis. I have seen information which clearly suggests FCCC Gaffney is not receiving enough of the new emissions diesel engines to keep production up to last years levels.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:52 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

The Winnebago website has been updated with more 2008 models. Journey has a coming soon note though...