Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2017, 10:30 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2006 Winnebago Sightseer leveling jack issue.

Hi everyone, have a 2006 Winnebago sightseer with best level 3000 automatic leveling system. I have been having problems leveling my rv... The rear passenger side comes down but never touches the ground when system says rv is level where it clearly is not. Today we arrive to new park and used the Jack to level it and after system show rv is lever the rv is not level at all. I'm on wheelchair and start rolling to back of rv clearly indicating front is too high even when system says it is level.. anyone had or had the same issue...??
fastwhls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:52 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe
Is the hydraulic oil reservoir full?
Also the level sensor may need re-calibrating.
Good Luck.
2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, GP, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with GSXR 1100T or KLR650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 03:00 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unplanned View Post
Is the hydraulic oil reservoir full?
Also the level sensor may need re-calibrating.
Good Luck.
Hi, thank you so much for your respond. Do you happen to know where is the reservoir on 2006..? Bought it few month ago still learning...
Old 05-18-2017, 03:51 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Not sure about yours, but mine is behind the driver side front wheel. I can get at it when the slide is out. I have a W24 Workhorse chassis. Is yours a Workhorse or Ford?
2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, GP, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with GSXR 1100T or KLR650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Old 05-18-2017, 04:19 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unplanned View Post
Not sure about yours, but mine is behind the driver side front wheel. I can get at it when the slide is out. I have a W24 Workhorse chassis. Is yours a Workhorse or Ford?
I have same work horse and I checked where you said.. attached couple of pics.. is that the opening for hydraulic fluid reservoir...?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2936_1.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	162245Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2935.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	162246
Old 05-18-2017, 08:37 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Mine has a rectangular tank, but that looks like the control solenoids, so my guess would be that's you reservoir. Is there a dip stick to check the level on the filler cap?
Old 05-18-2017, 09:05 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I will try it tomorrow when is light out.... Thank you so much for your hint and time...😊😊
Old 05-18-2017, 10:45 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

I Googled "Level Best 3000 automatic leveling system" to get the Operating Guide. Here's what it says:

The Level Best hydraulic leveling system should be routinely checked as part of a regular vehicle maintenance program. Kwikee recommends checking the system twice a year: in the spring prior to the heavy travel season and in the winter, prior to storage.
The following checklist has been provided as a guideline for maintenance.
1. Be sure the leveling jacks are in the retracted position. Remove the breather cap on the reservoir and check the fluid level in the reservoir. The fluid level should be approximately 1" below the top of the reservoir. This standard provides an adequate amount of fluid for the levelers to operate efficiently. If the fluid is below this level, add a sufficient amount to bring the level up to the operating standard. When filling the reservoir, use transmission fluid only. We recommend Dexron III. Do not mix fluids.
2. Check wire connections at motor and valve manifold; should be tight and secure.
3. Check the valve manifold for any evidence of hydraulic fluid leakage. Replace any seals as needed.
4. Examine the hydraulic hoses for damage and/or leakage. Replace and resecure as needed.
5. Check hydraulic cylinders and leg assemblies for damage and/or leakage. Replace and/or repair as needed. Verify that all mounting bolts have been tightened to 80ft/lbs.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:27 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

What Oil?

Hmmm, this post has me thinking now. I should probably check the reservoir on the unit we bought a couple of months ago. So now, the next question to ask is: if the level is low, what oil do you use to replenish level? I bet it's in the manual, but I haven't put my shoes on yet this morning....
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:36 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I have to look up myself...
Old 05-20-2017, 04:40 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duner View Post
I Googled "Level Best 3000 automatic leveling system" to get the Operating Guide. Here's what it says:

The Level Best hydraulic leveling system should be routinely checked as part of a regular vehicle maintenance program. Kwikee recommends checking the system twice a year: in the spring prior to the heavy travel season and in the winter, prior to storage.
The following checklist has been provided as a guideline for maintenance.
1. Be sure the leveling jacks are in the retracted position. Remove the breather cap on the reservoir and check the fluid level in the reservoir. The fluid level should be approximately 1" below the top of the reservoir. This standard provides an adequate amount of fluid for the levelers to operate efficiently. If the fluid is below this level, add a sufficient amount to bring the level up to the operating standard. When filling the reservoir, use transmission fluid only. We recommend Dexron III. Do not mix fluids.
2. Check wire connections at motor and valve manifold; should be tight and secure.
3. Check the valve manifold for any evidence of hydraulic fluid leakage. Replace any seals as needed.
4. Examine the hydraulic hoses for damage and/or leakage. Replace and resecure as needed.
5. Check hydraulic cylinders and leg assemblies for damage and/or leakage. Replace and/or repair as needed. Verify that all mounting bolts have been tightened to 80ft/lbs.
Hi Duner thank a lot for finding the information.. I was told have to maintain it often. I can level the rv manually and all jacks respond perfect..
Old 05-20-2017, 11:32 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Also important to keep the ram cylinders clean and sprayed with Silicone lubricant (not just WD40). I do this about 4-5 outings.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:16 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbud View Post
Also important to keep the ram cylinders clean and sprayed with Silicone lubricant (not just WD40). I do this about 4-5 outings.
Hi bud thanks for the suggestion... Being on wheelchair makes a bit hard to reach some of areas.. friend will help..👍✌👌

Tags
leveling, sightseer, winnebago