Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2018, 07:14 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2005 DVD/VCR player

Hi There-
We have a 2005 Sightseer (that we LOVE) and it has a combo DVD/VCR/Tuner that I love (hubby notsomuch)...But the issue is the DVD player will hang about 20 minutes into a movie. Then if we get it to play more, it just keeps having issues. I really hate to replace this for a few reasons, mainly because I love the all-in-one unit and also it seems after reading a bunch of posts that replacing these can be a bit of a pain. I cannot find any more all-in-one units cause lets face it, this technology is obsolete...Has anyone had this same unit and upgraded? We dry camp and don't have anything fancy like satellite or anything so we rely on movies for entertainment while glamping

Thanks fellow RVers for reading my post, and for any insights offered.
KiahsRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:44 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

It really isn't a pain to replace just that one unit especially if you get another combo unit. While there are no new combo units avaliable a quick search show a number of remanufactured units with 90 day warrenty available icluding Sony units which I am guessing you have since that is what is in our 2005 journey. For simplicity sake I would go that way versus going thru the headache of buying a seperate dvd and vcr players and hooking those up.