Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2009, 12:46 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt mav View Post
Ok
Latest from dealer is that the damaged fiberglass cant be peeled back and off so they are going to repair the areas of damage with fiberglass and then put the Brite Tek roof on top of the glass??? Has anyone heard of this???? Now Im really confused....
Find another service center. These guys seem to have no clue. Get them to remove the fiberglass and replace it with fiberglass, or go somewhere else.

Besides, yopu cannot glue the rubber down to fiberglass, the surface needs to be porous like luan.
forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 04:22 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Have you checked with the dealers in Rockport, I am thinking Camper Clinic is a
Winnie dealer? Ron Brown is also there, I haven't had any work done there, but a lot of people go there.
Billy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:42 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Smile problem solved thanks to forest (I think)

Well thanks to forest my repair center now has a new fiberglass roof on order. This is after 3 previous phone calls to Winnebago and being told the roof was no longer made?? But with the part number provided by forest we were able to move forward. Thanks also to Billy for his info.
Once again this forum has provided more info than both the dealers and the manufacturer.....
capt mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:04 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

I think the repair joint was giving you a smoke screen. This is not uncommon for a repair facility to want to do what is easy for them and not what is right for you.
Unless I miss my guess, as an insured repair you are entitled to like kind & quality minus your deductible, period. All the nonsense about other roof types is just that. IIWM, I'd keep my eye on those repair guys and make sure they don't take any more short cuts that are good for them and not so much good for you.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #25
doc
Winnebago Owner

I am glad you decided to go with the new fiberglas. Somehow I just don't think the vinyl or rubber would work well with the Winne product. With a coach that late model, you need to do it right. You will be much happier.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:19 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Agreed with the smoke screen. Being as they are not a Winnie dealer, they likely didn't try too hard to get a part number. I made 1 phone call and had the part number in 3 minutes.

Your welcome.
forest is offline   Reply With Quote