Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

Well, today I finally re-installed my monitor and went about modifying the wiring so that it would work. I simply cut one wire and joined it with the other wire so that now my monitor and side cameras work all the time. I eliminated the part where they come on when I'm in reverse. They are always on when the key is on. Thanks to everyone and especially Chris for all you help! Merry Christmas!
Ramzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:30 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

I use a signal chaser I got at home depot..
relly helps when working on the motorhome..
I think they cost about $40.
But, you'll be glad you bought it..
a small box with 2 wires the use aligator clips to connect to the wire your looking for, It injects a "worbel tone" that leaks out so you can chase it, then a small pen like device that has a speaker and maybe a light.
I'm sure glad I got mine!.
Dan.
kb7uxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:38 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

I agree re the signal tracer. I have had one for about 25 years and I used it in all of my RV's, cars and on the house. Great way to locate where wires are going.

Most houses do not come with a wiring diagram but mine has one I made with the help of the wire tracer. I numbered and labeled every outlet, terminal and source and routing for every power. Cat 5, tel. Coax, video, audio etc wires and put labels everywhere I could. Did the same with my RV's in verifying schemantics. I have found mistakes on some RV wire routing vs what was on the schematic. Great to have all the verified details when trouble shooting or wanting to add features. I did my diagrams in Autocad but there are less intimidating programs such as Visio that are easy to get familiar with and do a great professional job. The signal tracer is a great addition to any toolbox. I recently bought a second one that stays in my RV now.
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power