Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2016, 07:23 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

1 day old Sunova jack alarm

We picked up our 2017 Sunova 36Z yesterday and I had a problem with an alarm going off the first time I used the jacks. I hit the auto level button and a few seconds after the first jacks touched the ground a loud beeping alert went off in the coach, and continued beeping even after the leveling process had completed.

I was in our driveway and know from our previous RV (2010 Sunstar 32k) that the pitch is to great for the jacks to perfectly level. On the Sunstar it would finish the level process and flash two lights to show I wasn't perfectly level, but it worked. I am wondering if the alarm on the new RV is to indicate perfect level can not be achieved.

Does anyone have any experience with this they can share? I would like to be able to have the jacks down in my driveway even if the coach isn't level, but the alarm was too loud and would only stop when I retraced the jacks.
kwilkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:12 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I wouldn't try to level if it can't be accomplished. Try somewhere flat and see what happens and look in the product section of your infocase and see what it says. In my opinion I wouldn't try to force the system to work when you know it can't.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:18 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Does it have a manual mode so you can use the jacks for stabilizing vs. leveling?
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:18 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

We picked up our 2017 Sunova 36Z yesterday and I had a problem with an alarm going off the first time I used the jacks. I hit the auto level button and a few seconds after the first jacks touched the ground a loud beeping alert went off in the coach, and continued beeping even after the leveling process had completed.

on My 08 Phaeton, this is normal as it reminds you the jacks are deployed till you turn off the key. may or may not apply o your issues.
Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 12:06 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttin View Post
I wouldn't try to level if it can't be accomplished. Try somewhere flat and see what happens and look in the product section of your infocase and see what it says. In my opinion I wouldn't try to force the system to work when you know it can't.
Good idea. This weekend I'm going to try and level on a flat area and see what happens.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:07 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hilley View Post
Does it have a manual mode so you can use the jacks for stabilizing vs. leveling?
It does have a manual mode and I'll try what you suggest. Thanks for the tip.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:43 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

That is a warning alarm telling you your jacks are down along with the red jacks down light. Both go off when you shut-off the ignition switch.
Try that first. That is the way it is supposed to work. Both will come on again when switch is turned on and won't stop until all jacks are fully retracted.
CFSUNRISE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:59 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFSUNRISE View Post
That is a warning alarm telling you your jacks are down along with the red jacks down light. Both go off when you shut-off the ignition switch.
Try that first. That is the way it is supposed to work. Both will come on again when switch is turned on and won't stop until all jacks are fully retracted.
Yikes, I hope you are wrong about this. The alarm sound was ear piercing and it would make my dogs go crazy.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:19 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Please advise as to how you make out. Just remember it is suggested that you have engine running when you deploy jacks and operate slide-outs.
That is how my Solei works !
Good Luck.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:44 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Please post how you make out. Remember it is suggested that engine be running when deploying jacks and also when moving slide-outs. That's how it works in my 2016 Solei.
Good Luck!
Old 08-13-2016, 10:28 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Sorry, Double post!
Old 08-13-2016, 10:58 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

I started a new thread, the problem has gotten a lot worse.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/2017...es-303857.html
Old 08-21-2016, 07:29 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkins View Post
Yikes, I hope you are wrong about this. The alarm sound was ear piercing and it would make my dogs go crazy.
He is not wrong. As long as the jacks are down and the ignition switch is on the alarm will sound.

It is a safety feature to hopefully keep you from trying to drive off with the jacks in the down position
Forza Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 05:06 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza Tom View Post
He is not wrong. As long as the jacks are down and the ignition switch is on the alarm will sound.

It is a safety feature to hopefully keep you from trying to drive off with the jacks in the down position
Right you are. Kind of annoying, but we can deal with it.
Old 08-22-2016, 03:38 PM   #15
TAN
Winnebago Owner

On our Sunova the only way I could get that alarm to quite was remove it and throw it in the trash. It was so loud that I couldn't hear my self think. I never did find what it was for. The dealer where we purchased it from didn't know what it was for and would not remove it but told me that if it was his he would remove it and that's what I did.