Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2019, 07:56 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

09 Adventurer PowerGear full wall slideout

Can anyone with this slide system, power gear, tell me if the touch panel leds are on when you are ready to put the slide out
Old 07-20-2019, 10:27 AM   #2
Site Team

I have a PowerGear full-wall slideout on my 2017 Adventurer, but they changed the system on newer Adventurers. So, we don't have any LED lights on the switch.

I updated your title to reflect the Year and RV you were asking about. Hope that helps you get a specific answer.

By the way... what model Adventurer do you have? That info matters too. Perhaps you could add that to your Signature.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:37 AM   #3
Site Team

I did some looking at Winnebagoind.com for 2009 Adventurer Operators Manuals. Here's a link:
https://winnebagoind.com/resources/m...Adventurer.pdf

It looks like the manual is saying those LED lights only light if there is a problem or if your parking brake is not set.

Here is a screen shot of that info:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-20 at 11.35.03 AM.png
Views:	130
Size:	272.6 KB
ID:	171967  
Old 07-20-2019, 01:38 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
I did some looking at Winnebagoind.com for 2009 Adventurer Operators Manuals. Here's a link:
https://winnebagoind.com/resources/m...Adventurer.pdf

It looks like the manual is saying those LED lights only light if there is a problem or if your parking brake is not set.

Here is a screen shot of that info:
I had reservations3 weeks ago and when we got there, I had to run the slide out using a small lithium battery that I carry. My main problem is that my my sits next to my carport and sits very unlevel, so I have to take it to the legion lot to work on the slide, funnnn
Old 07-20-2019, 01:42 PM   #5
Site Team

Do you know that you are instructed to keep the engine running when you operate the slides in or out? The slides use the chassis battery which often does not have enough power to safely deploy or retract the slides. So, the instructions tell you to keep the motor running anytime you operate the slides.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:46 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Slide

Yes I know that, my wife put it in writing when we bought the unit 2 years ago. I also had pulled the plugs on the motors and hooked the battery at the motors, and ran 4 inches at a time until it was out the 21 inches
Old 07-20-2019, 01:52 PM   #7
Site Team

So what did you use the " small lithium battery" for that you mentioned previously?
Old 07-20-2019, 02:06 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I used it to power both slide motors, one at a time at the motors, because the big slide was not working, but the bedroom slide work fine.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:14 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Slide

I used it to power the slide at each motor one at a time 4 inches each time until it was out
Old 07-21-2019, 06:16 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
Can anyone with this slide system, power gear, tell me if the touch panel leds are on when you are ready to put the slide out

As previously stated. No lights are on when operating the slides... but if you don't have the lockout key on.. they don't work. Also there is a small opening between the in and out buttons. if you press and hold that button both the red and green light will light up. Then, you should be able use the buttons them to retract the slide motors seperatly a little at a time. Then press the override button again untill the lights go off.

I also "after haveing to replace one of the slide motors" found that they never removed the plastic floor protect covering. It was balled up under the slide making it bind up.. once I removed the plastic everything worked much better.
dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:20 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

I have pushed the button in between the 2 in and out, but still get nothing. My next is to check out the wiring. Thanks for your input, bill.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:02 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

I have the same system on my 09 Journey. Make sure the slide out key is turned on, the parking brake is activated, the chassis battery is on and the engine running. You should have no issues unless there is a hard trouble in which case the panel should indicate it. Before you attempt to move the slides, push and hold the out button if the slide is extended or the in button if retracted. Use your lithium battery to charge your phone or leave it at home - you might be the author of your own troubles.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 03:45 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Slide out

Thanks bob, for your ideas. I have no lights on the big slide panel, and have done what you suggested. If it wasn't for the li ion battery, I would have been stuck at the camground.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:40 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Everyone has supplied great information. I have this system also but my problem is a broken Plastic nut in the front slide that the worm gear moves to slide the wall in and out. In my research I found the DigiSync Operation manual so including the link since it is a little more info than came in my owners manual.
https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...3010000798.pdf

Joe
2006 Winnebago Siteseer 33c
GNJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:57 AM   #15
Mtcsatx

So you bypassed the panel and made it work. My unit is a 2011 with a slightly different panel but the same problem. I took the chance and ordered a new panel and that fixed it for me. I did have to reset the stops using a button on the back of the panel. Luckily I found a YouTube video telling me how. I would start with a new control, but be very careful when running the room out until you get the stops set. Good luck
Mtcsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:37 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to Yoders2Go
I have a 'no response' on an intermittent basis. I have learned that it has something to do with the switch that operates the locks. It's hopefully just a loose wire, cuz if I jiggle that switch, just right, making sure the locks are open when I try the slide motor, it eventually works. Could it be the OP's issue as well?
Yoders2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:38 AM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Slide out

Well thanks for the replies, but I finally found my problem, it was a broken wire in the Bundell of wires. I couldn't find it so I bypassed it.
Old 08-02-2019, 02:40 PM   #18
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
Well thanks for the replies, but I finally found my problem, it was a broken wire in the Bundell of wires. I couldn't find it so I bypassed it.
Good show! Always glad to see reports come back after folks find the true cause.
Many of us make suggestions from what we "think" the cause, but there are always times when we want to learn from the problems others have had. We make suggestions but if there is never any report back, we never know if we learned something or if were just totally wrong.
The best forums are those where there is open discussion of things, not just a simple question that gets lots of answers which may not be right at all!
Thanks for the report and thanks for reminding us that fixing things is often not that hard. It's finding the cause that's hard!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, slideout, vent, slide, adventurer