Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

'04 Itasca Horizon, no windshield washer pump op?

Gents,
We've owned this coach for almost two years now and the ws washer pump has never worked. The wipers work just fine. The slow, fast, intermediate, momentary etc. all work. We have the Smart Wheel and it's all controlled from there. I've checked the outside circuit breakers and all that's there is one for wiper power.

I've checked the pump by hot wiring it and it works just fine. I traced the wires from the pump to the first large, multi pin plug and found the pins for the wires there. I then hot wired it from there, it works flawless.

I've gone into the wiring diagrams that are presented in the first part of these threads and, I searched and searched and searched and, I can't find one word on washer pump and or it's wiring etc. In the wiring section "identifier" section I do find one reference and it eludes to the fact that the washer pump is tied into the horn. The horns, both air and automotive, work flawless. Now, is there some sort of fuse panel that Itasca and or, Winne hid some place under the dash for not only that Smart Wheel but, the turn signals, wipers, wiper pump, and normal things like that? I'll keep searching and looking in and under the dash but, if anyone might know where there might be a single, in-line fuse for that washer pump or, a normal fuse for it might be, I'd surely appreciate it.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

The washer should be controlled by the SmartWheel (at least mine is) and should operate even when the ignition is off.

If you take a look at page 17 of the Automotive Wiring Diagram for your coach you'll see a section in the center/bottom of the page for the wipers/washer that takes you from the wiper/washer to the plug into the chassis wiring harness. From there they refer you (via the '2' in a triangle) to the manufacturer's (in this case Freightliner) diagrams.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Scott, are you setup with AccessFreightliner? If so you should be able to go into EZWiring and get the schematics for your SmartWheel.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Chris,
I want to thank you for coming through with the correct wiring diagram (as usual) for my application and issue. Yep, it is controlled through the Smart Wheel but, as of yet, I cannot find any fuses for any of the Smart Wheel contolled items. I still have to figure out how to remove part of the dash, top, front etc. for access to what the heck ever is back there. One of the nice gents on here sent me a remote for the doors and compartments but, it has to be programmed to the receiver which, is behind that stinkin' dash someplace.

I got a feeling that the washer pump has an in line fuse someplace in the harness and it's blown. No guarantees but, I'm just thinking that. Like stated, everything else on the Smart Wheel works just fine.

As for the Access Freightliner, I tried to become a "member" or what ever you call it and, it took two to three weeks for them to email me and tell me "DENIED"!!!! Hmmmmmm. I guess you have to be a secret agent of some sort to become one. (just kidding) By the way, do you have the Freightliner chassis wiring in your massive collection of wiring schematics? Again, I thank you for taking the time to send me the correct wiring schematic. Now, if I only knew how to read them.
Scott
Old 03-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Scott,
Go to the Freightliner Forum and do a search for "SmartWheel". You might find some information that will help you with your problem.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f26/smart-wheel-33664.html

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f26/smart...ue-119837.html

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Scott

FYI
In my 04 Horizon QD the smart wheel controler and wireless controler are in the outside front compartment, under the drivers butt. I have to remove a half dozen screws or so and open the hinged door. they are not behind the dash.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Scott, page 4 of the Front End Wiring Installation diagram for your coach shows the SmartWheel control box in the left front compartment as mentioned by a previous poster. Once you open the compartment you'll need to unscrew and hinge open the panel to see things. The keyless control module is just to the right of the SmartWheel one.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:39 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
As for the Access Freightliner, I tried to become a "member" or what ever you call it and, it took two to three weeks for them to email me and tell me "DENIED"!!!! Hmmmmmm. I guess you have to be a secret agent of some sort to become one. (just kidding) By the way, do you have the Freightliner chassis wiring in your massive collection of wiring schematics? ...
Scott
As far as AccessFreightliner is concerned you should give the HelpDesk a call at 855-639-8680 and they should be able to help you out. As a second owner the issue is probably that you're not properly listed in their system. If that's the case they should be able to tell you what you need to do to get that corrected. As an owner of a Freightliner chassis you are entitled to access to AccessFreighliner.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:41 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Gang,
ALL FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!! Due to the help of all of you in both help here on the forum and an email, I was able to access the right compartment in the right spot(s) it was a very simple fix. The main wire for that pump had fallen off the the spade connector that's on the side of the Smart Wheel Master controller. It fell off due to the load placed on it from the loom of a zillion other wires pulling on it. I re supported the loom and, re-connected the wire and vuallllllllla, we have spraying water all over my windshield, YAHOOOOOO.
And, due to a suggestion/statement that Chris said, I had no idea that, that system, the wiper/windshield washer pump would work with the key off. That's a new one on me. Steve had sent me a copy of a PDF in an email that showed that Smart Wheel Master controller.

Well, in that PDF, it also shows the MMDC controller and lots of other components. Well, I had to clear away some cob webs in the brain but, I'd seen that layout before on my coach. Ding-dong, a light came on and I remembered it was behind a screwed on panel, in the left most forward compartment. I unscrewed it and opened it all up and there it was, all that, that is in that PDF. And, there was the wire, sitting next to the spade it was supposed to be attached to.

So, again, I sincere thanks to all of you for a great assist here. This is outstanding. Hope I can return the favor to all.
Scott
Old 03-11-2013, 04:27 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for the update. Glad you fixed it.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca