Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

03 Chieftain Electric Door Lock Update

I had an opportunity to remove the electric door lock actuator in the entry door. It was attached to the door lock lever with a stiff wire. The door lock on that door now works manually. I tested the actuator and it is dead. I can't move the plunger so I suspect it overheated. I tested the module by using a test light on the door post contacts. I get a light when using the key fobs in both the lock and unlock modes. It appears the main module under the dash cover is working properly.

I called David at Lichtsinn Motors yesterday and he advised the switch by the entry door is no longer available because the door lock system is manufactured by SCS Frigette and they are out of business. I was able to rejuvenate the sticking switch by spraying WD 42 in the switch and it tested out OK so I lucked out on that. Lichtsinn had a supply of actuators in stock so I was able to order 2 as the driver door lock is froze also. I will have to take off the driver door panel when I get back home to WI. It appears to be a difficult job because that door panel holds the HWH jack control, electric mirror control, electric sun visor controls, and electric window control. I am hoping that when the actuators are replaced the system will be back to normal again.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Don, we gotta love these things as much as we have to tinker with them. My neighbors see me working on mine and tell me it must be my hobby within my hobby
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:49 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Don, if I remember right I took my door panel off to do the samething as you. The panel comes off pretty easy and all the controls are attached to the panel. I don't recall any major difficulties.

Good luck,
2002 W-22 266"wb, Winnebago Chieftain 39T, UltraPower, Koni's, Helwig bars, Nuvi 660, Sirius, Scan Gauge II, Sentry TM. 2003 LW300 Saturn toad, Sterling towbar & Apollo brake. And Hannah the Princess and Stevie the Dude!
Daysu47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:09 AM   #4
PDI

same problem

last year I had the same problem. The switch by the entry door was sticking. The dealer replaced the switch and replaced the actuator's. To tell you the truth, If it goes again. I'll just use the keys.
PDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:06 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDI View Post
last year I had the same problem. The switch by the entry door was sticking. The dealer replaced the switch and replaced the actuator's. To tell you the truth, If it goes again. I'll just use the keys.
Thanks for the reply. My DW said the same thing. The switch is no longer available so we will use the key fobs also.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

I had heard that they were out of business and also saw a post that indicated they were now open. I did a search and found this site that sure looks like they are up and running. You might want to call their 800 number and see if they are.
At the bottom of the web page above they show an electronic door opener.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:43 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Corrected SCS / Frigette link.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:26 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
Corrected SCS / Frigette link.
Thanks! looks like I got too many htpp:s in there.