Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2018, 12:53 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Via toad protection

Via owners - have you installed any accessories to protect your toad from rocks, over and above the stock mud flaps?
PartPlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:03 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Via toad protection

I bought the 'Smart Solutions Ultra Guard Rock Tow Guard for Motorhomes' at Camping World for our Via. It was easy to install and did the job. It didn't require any modification to the Via but you must trim some of the guard so it doesn't rub on the road. Even trimming per the instructions it will most likely drag when entering or leaving a business or almost any driveway. I didn't shop around much because there was not much time between when we got our toad and when we left for vacation. We may get a bra for our toad...we may just keep the rock guard rather than jeopardizing the paint on the nose of the toad.
brican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:10 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you Very Much. Also, have you had any problems with the ESP dash warning message?
Old 10-18-2018, 08:32 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Via toad protection

No but the check engine light turns on from time to time. Once it came on and stayed on. I took it into a Mercedes Benz dealer. They replaced the outside temperature sensor. Now the light only comes on occasionally.
brican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 07:10 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Smile Rock Protection for the tow vehicle

I have all Roadmaster equipment installed for the tow needs. I had the plug-in assemblies to the towed car modified (made portable) so that I could use the Guardian Rock shield with the equipment. So far with over 26 thousand miles I have had no rock chips nor windshield damage....not even a pit. I am very satisfied with this hook-up.
Moonie
moonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:04 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I have been using the "Protect a Tow" from NSA (people that make the Ready Brute towbar) since 2006. This is a very heavy mesh that clips to the back of the motorhome and to the front of the toad. After 12 years it is starting to show signs of wear but it is still doing great.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:07 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

If you use any kind of rock guard or rubber flap behind your coach, be sure that it is at least 5” above the road. If not and you hit a low spot in a campground or on a gravel road, it will drag and throw up gravel that will customize your toad. Also, when it rains it will pickup road water and spray it on the toad. Just be sure it doesn’t drag ever on the road which is why most people complain that they don’t work.
MrMudstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:35 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for that very good advice.