Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2019, 05:21 AM   #1
Almost Retired

Using toad tail/brake lights

Calling on the wisdom of the group. I'm towing an Equinox on a dolly with Winne 27PE but don't want to use magnetic lights. I was hoping to connect Winne trailer wiring harness to the trailer harness on the Equinox - theory being feedback would work - but no joy. Equinox has tail lights, but no brake/turn signals. I've verified power to the correct pins on the harness being plugged into the chevy. I'm guessing something further up in circuit is interfering. Anybody seen this? Can I pull a fuse or undo a harness - any suggestions appreciated!
Sturgis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:59 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I don't believe you can use the trailer plug on the car for this, if I'm reading your post correctly.

I used this to wire up our Equinox for towing with the MH. Easy install, plugs in without splicing and has the diodes to prevent feedback into the car's computer. I cut off the flat four plug in the front and used a 6 wire round on the car and a 7 to 6 cable. Used what would be the trailer brake (blue wire) for the LED brake indicator light on the dash of the motor home. Also provides a charge wire to use.

https://www.etrailer.com/tbwiring-20...=-pm-Hopkins#/

Tags
brake, light, lights, toad