Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2019, 04:17 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Trailer wiring

My first post and a new to me coach.

Although comprehensive, the wiring diagrams do not show where the power is fed from for the trailer wiring receptacle. Also, the DC fuses do not list a fuse or breaker that supplies it. All lights work on the coach.

Can anyone help with where to look? I suspect it comes from the distribution panel where the fuses are but need some direction.

Second mechanic attempting to repair now.

2008 Itasca Meridian 39z.

Thanks for any assistance.
Timothy2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:06 AM   #2
Just Trying to Help

Timothy2001-

First off, welcome to winnieowners!

Second, you should add a signature to your user profile. It usually includes the year, make and model of your coach, but can include other information. A signature is appended to each post. To create/edit a signature, click on the "User CP" link in the orange bar at the top, then click on "Edit Signature."

Third, you should join iRV2 (www.irv2.com). This Winnieowners site is a spin-off from iRV2. They have a Winnebago Owners Forum on iRV2 (link here). iRV2 has many years of posts, including ones not solely Winnie-related.

From what I know about Winnebago Journeys os that era, you will find a Freightliner fuse box for the hitch connector signals in the rear on the driver side. If you look at the last body panel (the one with the holes), you will find it hinged at the top and held in place by one or two screws along the forward and/or bottom edges. Remove those screws, and the panel hinges upwards. Prop up the panel with a sturdy stick. The fuse box will be in the rearmost compartment now accessible beneath that panel. It is about 5 inches square.

See this post on iRV2 for a picture:

Trailer pigtail - iRV2 Forums

I could be incorrect about all this.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:49 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Some guessing perhaps? I "think" the trailer wiring plug will be part of the chassis wiring and not shown on the Winnebago drawings. That can leave us searching as the chassis drawings are much more closely kept "secrets" to avoid DIY guys fixing things!
As a guess, I might start at looking under the hood for a large set of fuses, totally separate from the coach DC fuses. My unit has it up near the top of the hood area and near the center, black box with a latch on the right end that confused the heck out of me how to even get the lid off! It said " pull" but it meant to pull the hidden latch on the right side, not pull the lid!
Think of the electrical as two different sections, one from the coach battery for coach items and another for chassis items fed from the chassis battery.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring