Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

No toad power

Have no power at the rear toad connector plug and can't find the rear fuse box. Called both Freightliner and Winnebago and both were no help. Really need to find the rear fuse box. I have looked everywhere and cannot find it. Any help will really be appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-05-2011, 02:03 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Rick - don't know if your new Journey is like my older one, but take a look in your shoreline power compartment. On mine that's the most rearward compartment on the driver's side. Look at the aft wall of that compartment. If it's removable by taking out a few screws, you should find all the towing fuses behind it.

Here's some pictures that skigramp posted earlier... good luck
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Mine does not look like the pictures and I have searched every compartment and removed every panel that I can find and still no rear fuse box. There is a sticker in the electrical bay that says "chassis manufactures electrical components and rear fuse box located under left rear valance door". Anyone have any idea what they mean by "left rear valance door". I am getting really frustrated with this whole thing!
Old 07-06-2011, 05:54 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

All the side panels below the "belt line" are hinged at the top even if they don't have a latch. Even the ones around the tires are hinged. If there is one more body panel behind your electrical bay (maybe with an opening and a couple of fans in it), that's probably what they're talking about. It will be held closed by screws rather than a latch. Open the electrical bay door and look for a screw or two along the outer, aft edge of that compartment going into the next panel. Also check along the bottom of the valance panel for screws.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:06 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Sorry, Rick, I just looked a picture of the 2011 Journey Express on the Winne website and I don't see the panel I was describing. So...never mind.

I can't believe Winne can't tell you where the left rear valance door is located. Maybe the janitor answered the phone. I would call again.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:46 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Still looking and not finding it. What is the "left rear valance door"? Both Freightliner and Winnebago could not tell me! Looks like I will be towing the toad without lights. Not real happy about this.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:59 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

I remember reading somewhere (on this website?) that some motorhome builders stopped providing 12 volt power to the tow plug - they thought it not necessary since (most) motorhomes do not tow a travel trailer so do not need 12 volt power. Can you look at the back side of the plug to see if it has a wwire to the 12 volt post?
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, toad