Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2019, 08:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Towing Micro Minnie with a Jeep Wrangler

Hi, I'm thinking about purchasing a Micro Minnie 2106DS. Can I tow this with a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited? My wrangler is rated at 3500 lbs and the 2106 dry weight is 3705. A salesperson told me it would but I just want to be sure. I'm new to this and looking for any advice. Anyone out there towing these with Jeeps?
andyo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:08 PM   #2
Site Team

Dealers routinely lie about towing abilities trying to sell their products. I think you know a short wheelbase vehicle towing a trailer that weighs more empty than the tow vehicle’s capacity is not a safe way to go.

You should look at half-ton pickups, vans or SUVs as the proper tow vehicle.

PS. The dealer knows if he told you this that you would probably not buy the trailer, so he lies instead. You shouldn’t buy from a dealer that lies to you about something so important.

Tags
tow, towing