Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2019, 01:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Thousand Trails Gloucester, VA scratched paint

My wife and I are considering staying at the Thousand Trails / Chesapeake Bay campground in Gloucester, Virginia while we visit our nearby family.

After reading the reviews it sounds like the narrow road getting to the park is an issue with Tree Limbs scratching RV's. Can these be avoided or not? I'm not willing to damage our coach just to stay there and will keep looking for options if this is unavoidable.

I'd really appreciate any information about this from those who know this area or can offer advice.
Old 11-29-2019, 02:07 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Topsail, reviewing Thousand Trails / Chesapeake Bay - Gloucester, VA - Campground Reviews there are mentions of what you speak about. I have not been there so can't say from personal experience. Good luck!

Al
Old 11-29-2019, 02:19 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Yes Al those reviews were what got me clued in about the branches being too close to the road. While folks say that it's a concern, nobody said if they are avoidable. Driving slow to avoid them is okay if it's possible.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:16 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

We have been there several times in our 36ft Itasca Horizon with a toad. No problem.
There is an area way in the back corner, past the pond, that has some sites overlooking the river. Great sites which are often overlooked by those who like to park in the larger main area. I think spaces 7-12, but my memory fails me. To me, they are the best sites in the park, unless you like being in a crowded parking lot.
Kvw613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:33 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thank you Kvw. I was really hoping for a response like this. My Voyage won't be an issue then and I'll plan my stay accordingly.

Tags
paint, scr