Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2019, 07:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

RV Trip from Hell

At the end of June, 2019 we camped at Cedar Beach Resort outside of Toronto Canada. As we pulled into our assigned camp site we drove over an unmarked old septic tank that collapsed as my left rear wheel drove over it causing my coach to slide to the left making contact with the water pipe putting a deep scratch in two of my basement doors. Thankfully their was a metal plate on top of the septic tank or my rear wheels would have dropped deeper into the tank. The RV Resort said they were not responsible for the damage to my coach and I should not have driven into their water pipe. Then when we arrived home in Livonia Michigan we parked the RV in the street in front of our house to unload it before taking it to where we store the RV a drunk drive drove into the back or our coach causing $13,000 to $15,000 of damage to the RV. I have security cameras in my house and have video of the accident. Camping World of Belleville Michigan did the repairs and they were wonderful to do business with. Richard the body shop manage gave us weekly update's and we are excited to pick up our RV this week end.
Corkyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:33 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
glad it worked out ok but IMO you let the CG off the hook.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 04:07 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Thanks for letting people know that there are good CW's around.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:53 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
glad it worked out ok but IMO you let the CG off the hook.

If you drive off the pad or marked roadways most campgrounds can go after you for damages so be happy the campground did not add a charge for driving outside the assigned areas and causing damage. If its not the paved/gravel pad or road then it should be considered off limits since you will be driving over sewer, water, irrigation and electrical lines once you go off the road or pad.

Now if the old tank was under the RV pad that would be another matter.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:40 AM   #5
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkyz View Post
At the end of June, 2019 we camped at Cedar Beach Resort outside of Toronto Canada. As we pulled into our assigned camp site we drove over an unmarked old septic tank that collapsed as my left rear wheel drove over it causing my coach to slide to the left making contact with the water pipe putting a deep scratch in two of my basement doors. Thankfully their was a metal plate on top of the septic tank or my rear wheels would have dropped deeper into the tank. The RV Resort said they were not responsible for the damage to my coach and I should not have driven into their water pipe. Then when we arrived home in Livonia Michigan we parked the RV in the street in front of our house to unload it before taking it to where we store the RV a drunk drive drove into the back or our coach causing $13,000 to $15,000 of damage to the RV. I have security cameras in my house and have video of the accident. Camping World of Belleville Michigan did the repairs and they were wonderful to do business with. Richard the body shop manage gave us weekly update's and we are excited to pick up our RV this week end.
Did it really take 3 months for CW to fix your RV?
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:06 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilV View Post
If you drive off the pad or marked roadways most campgrounds can go after you for damages so be happy the campground did not add a charge for driving outside the assigned areas and causing damage. If its not the paved/gravel pad or road then it should be considered off limits since you will be driving over sewer, water, irrigation and electrical lines once you go off the road or pad.

Now if the old tank was under the RV pad that would be another matter.
I get that but the way the OP was worded it sounded like he approached and entered his site in the proper way. I assumed that the septic tank was buried under a new road.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 04:17 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I was not off of the road and their was no cement pad just gravel and dirt.
Corkyz is offline   Reply With Quote